Just In: LA Bow Monster!

October 10, 2007
Just In: LA Bow Monster! - 8

Oct_10_07
I woke up with this monster in my mailbox. The forwarded story goes:

My father-in-law killed this deer yesterday afternoon in Tensas Parish, Louisiana. He quite possibly could be the new Louisiana (Pope and Young, Bow) record. He was unofficially scored at 215 7/8 net non-typical by a state official. He will have to be scored again in 60 days after drying out and then scored in front of a Pope and Young panel. Take a good look! Most of us don't get to see a deer like this in our lives, much less kill one.

If anbody knows more about this incredible buck or the fellow who killed it, please let me know. I'd like to post more on this Dixie giant.

So far this is the year of the velvet monster with (look close) a drop tine baby!

from Chris Butler wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

Damn Mike, where do you get all this good info on these big bucks? I guess that is why you run the BIG BUCK ZONE! Va hunting has been slow this week, so damn hot and deer are not moving. The creeks are dry, lakes are ten feet low, hoepfully cooler weather for a Saturday hunt! Thanks for all the good info. BTW if I put a watering trough in the creek and fill it daily, is that baiting???

from Mack wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

Chris- Same in GA. But front coming through and in 70's for the muzzleloader opener this weekend. One heck of a giant for Louisiana. Yep- the year of the drop tine. Maybe it's Mikes lucky year- even though he made a correct pass last year. Everybody shoot straight. I'm using the non corrosive for the first time this year. Seems to shoot well!

from Dean Weimer wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

What a freakin' monster!!!!!!

from ian in wisconsin wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

WOW triple main beam on the left side what a nontypical monster buck

from big buck blaster wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

wow nice deer. very nice really. ONly if we could all get a buck like that we would have..............world peace............well maybe not good thought though.or maybe................?????????????

from grocerygetter wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

Man I'm from Louisiana and this story is all over the internet on the Louisiana forums.It an awesome deer!

from Hagan Landry wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

I have some info on this if you are still interested.

from Brady Henderson wrote 6 years 23 weeks ago

The hunters name is BILLY HUSTED.The most complete story I have found is atbraggingpost.comThere are about a dozen photos of the deer.And a pretty good story to go along with it.I would like to know more about that shreveport buck though, as seeing how thats where I'm from as well. Best of luck hunting!

from Brady Henderson wrote 6 years 23 weeks ago

from Hagan Landry wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

I have some info on this if you are still interested.

from grocerygetter wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

from big buck blaster wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

from ian in wisconsin wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

WOW triple main beam on the left side what a nontypical monster buck

from Dean Weimer wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago

What a freakin' monster!!!!!!

from Mack wrote 6 years 27 weeks ago