A Broken Record?

October 29, 2009
A Broken Record? - 10

Way back in 1962, when the world of trophy deer hunting was a far more innocent place, a Nebraska bowhunter by the name of Del Austin arrowed a buck that today still stands as the biggest non-typical ever taken with bow and arrow. Many giant non-typicals have come along over the years, but this huge whitetail just might give the Del Austin buck a run for its money.

Details are sketchy, but this is apparently an Ohio buck that rough scores somewhere north of 320. Whew! Stay tuned to the Big Buck Zone for more.

from steelman88x wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

what's the latest on this monster buck in ohio?
fact or fiction?

from patrick88 wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

talk about a wall hanger this buck brings the wall down!

from MWK_MN wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

Awesome buck! I would have a heart attack if I saw this guy walking in the woods I hunt... for real I think I might. Never even came close to seeing a buck close to this. Well done!

from JSolo wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

That is a thick main beam, Rocking chair rack too, good shootin.

from djohns13 wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

What a great buck! I agree with Chris Howell in that this buck is nowhere close to 320. Granted I may be missing seeing some points by only seeing one angle, but very optimistically I can only see about 250" at most. With that being said, I would shoot this deer in a heartbeat. I am not trying to be disparaging, I'm just saying that Del's record will still be standing after this buck if officially scored.

from billybowfreak69 wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

lethal buck!! i wouldn't give a rat's a$s what that buck scored!! as long as he was in the living room, everything would be FINE!!!!!!!

from jamesti wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

with all that mass, it just might beat the record. that is huge. sometimes it just comes together for you.

from Chris Howell wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

Very good deer... Great picture.

Unfortunately, I don't think the deer is as good as it looks. Either that, or the buck's nose is the same size as the hunter's head...

This deer, with its non-typical points, may score in the mid to upper 200s, but it will not come close to the record. But then again, unless the article title tempts the imagination, nobody would read it, eh?

from Bo wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

I think that I could bring myself to try to take that one, yeah, probably...;-D

from Yoda wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

That's a nice deer

from Yoda wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

That's a nice deer

from Chris Howell wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

Very good deer... Great picture.

from jamesti wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

from djohns13 wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

from JSolo wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

That is a thick main beam, Rocking chair rack too, good shootin.

from patrick88 wrote 4 years 24 weeks ago

talk about a wall hanger this buck brings the wall down!

from steelman88x wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

what's the latest on this monster buck in ohio?
fact or fiction?