World's Coolest Buck Mount?

March 05, 2010
World's Coolest Buck Mount? - 9

Are you like me? I’m always on the lookout for something a bit different in the taxidermy arena. I’m actually pretty conservative in the number of mounts in my home, but every few years I’m lucky enough to land a buck I feel deserves a location on my wall. My current craving is for pedestal wall mounts and companies like McKenzie Taxidermy Supply are doing a great job of providing new angles, twists and character throughout the lineup of their forms. Looking through their catalog or website is like kid wandering around a Toys R Us store. Something exciting is around every corner.

Now take a look at this deer mount. It requires more house than I currently have available, but I thought it was such a unique mount, especially for hunters with a loft or upstairs. I can guarantee you that it is the talk of the house when this hunter invites guests over to watch the game. As well it should be. I priced a full mount whitetail recently in my neck of the woods and it would have set me back nearly $3,200.

Of course when you look at the size of the antlers on this buck I can’t really argue whether the price is all that out of line. Heck, most shoulder mounts are $500 or more for quality work.

I can see two ways to make this mount a smidge better. The first option would be to include something natural for the buck to jump over like a huge log or a split-rail fence. The metal railing just isn’t doing it for me. Taking that theme one step further, add in the front half of a Toyota Camry. Since Toyota is allegedly having acceleration issues and driving a car is the closest most of us come to a leaping deer, it just makes sense.

from dovehunter2 wrote 3 years 18 weeks ago

i like the mount but not the price, like charlie and seadog said.

from binsy1988 wrote 3 years 19 weeks ago

888

from abfreddie64 wrote 4 years 5 weeks ago

i Deffinatly dont have room for that but its very nice

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

thats is awesome!

from seadog wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

I like it! I think Mrs. Seadog would like it too, but she probably wouldn't like the price tag.

from RootKevin wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

I saw this picture a while back too. It is a very cool mount and I agree it would be even cooler yet if the buck was jumping over a more natural object. The full size mounts take up a good amount of space and a bit more out of the bank account than the head mounts or european mounts but they do look wicked cool.

A guy out my way that I used to deer hunt on a lease with has a bit of both and built a warehouse of trophy room off his home on steroids that looks more like a Cabelas or Bass Pro shop without all the merchandise. I was fortunate enough to get invited over to see it one evening for a meeting to go over the hunt on the lease. I saw lions attacking zebras an African elephant head mount with tusks over the mantle, full size elk and deer mounts, hundreds of buck head mounts and so much more. It was awesome to see. He is able to hunt and fish pretty much full time. To this day I've never seen anything else like that trophy room. It was awesome. Money fortunately is pretty much not an issue in his case being a CEO of a big successful company and he is able to hunt and fish all over the world on some awesome properties.

It's super cool but average me is going to have to be a lot more selective where I go and what and how I get it mounted too on my limited budget.

from patrick88 wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

that is the coolest deer mount i have ever seen!

from nateshamp wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

I have seen a deer that the front half was jumping out of the wall over a farm fence with grass against the wall. You walk around the corner, and the back half is jumpig through the wall with the same fence and grass on the wall. It looks like the deer is jumping through the wall. I thought it was an amazing idea. It is the coolest mount I have ever seen.

from charlie elk wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

This picture was sent to us by the taxidermist last year. To my shock and amazement my wife wants one the metal rail works for her so it works for me.
Just a couple of things to iron out before we get the mount; the buck and the money. ;-D
later,
charlie

from nateshamp wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

from charlie elk wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

later,
charlie

from RootKevin wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

from seadog wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

thats is awesome!

from patrick88 wrote 4 years 6 weeks ago

that is the coolest deer mount i have ever seen!

from abfreddie64 wrote 4 years 5 weeks ago

i Deffinatly dont have room for that but its very nice

from binsy1988 wrote 3 years 19 weeks ago

888

from dovehunter2 wrote 3 years 18 weeks ago

i like the mount but not the price, like charlie and seadog said.