Hunter Takes Virginia Buck With 32-Inch Spread

November 05, 2012
Hunter Takes Virginia Buck With 32-Inch Spread - 9

There are a lot of big deer pictures floating around the Internet these days. One that’s recently caught our attention is this super wide buck from Virginia with a reported 32-inch inside spread.

The buck was supposedly killed around Chase City on October 30th on a large tract of land that borders the town limits where hunting is not allowed.

There is a good chance that the buck lived in the safety of the town limits for most of its life to get this big. There have been a few bucks over the past few years out of Virginia with super wide racks, but none to our knowledge have surpassed the 30-inch mark. I can’t even begin to imagine how this buck managed to walk through the woods with a rack this wide.

That’s all we know on this deer at the moment, but we'll follow up with more details as they come up. Any guess on what this thing scores?

from Catpool9 wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

Congrat's Jim on a great buck! I bet that buck nearly scared the B-Jesus out of you when you saw him coming through the woods!

David H.

from jcwilson wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

I would like to set the record straight. I am the man who killed this buck. My name is Jim Wilson and my #is 434-917-0052 for anyone who would like to know more please call me. It was shot near chase city not in chase city nor was it a large tract of land. It was killed on a family farm of 27 acres and it is a mile or so from the city boarder. It is a legal kill. Thanks for all the positive comments. And I hope everyone has a great hunting season and be safe.

from Kenneth Rollston wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

We have a good mix of Oaks and pines. There is a lot of cutovers that result in secluded places for deer to grow big. Most of the big tracks of land has plenty of cover and open oaks mixed.

from EDSVT14 wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

Actually hunt with the guy that killed this deer. As real as it gets, definitely an unreal deer for our area, well any area for that matter! We are all hoping he managed to pass some genes along through the years.

from 6phunter wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

I finally caught up with the big 8pt. that's been giving me the slip last two years,caught on trail camera half of his rack is gone.Although no where as wide as this VIRGINIA BRUTE ,HE GETS ANOTHER YEAR TO GROW.NOW I'm WONDERING if maybe a bigger buck is to blame for busting his rack.

from JM wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

Wouldn't even fit through most of the doorways in my house without turning its head haha. Like DSM said, it must of been a pain to live with those antlers if he was in a highly wooded area.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

In the Heart Attack Scoring System, I would say that's a world-record!

from scoony24 wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

I'm going to guess it scores around 165 3/8...

I wonder what the woods are like in that area...I can't imagine it would contain alot of undergrowth.

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

That's quite a rack and that spread actully looks sort of odd. He would certainly have to pick his way through some of the timber I hunt.

from jcwilson wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

from scoony24 wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

I'm going to guess it scores around 165 3/8...

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago

In the Heart Attack Scoring System, I would say that's a world-record!

from JM wrote 1 year 23 weeks ago