Best Damn Vacuum Ever!

Gun Dogs Recent Posts

Gun Dogs

April 26, 2010
Best Damn Vacuum Ever! - 9

Writing a blog about a vacuum on an outdoorsman's website might seem, oh, I don't know, off topic, stupid and perhaps even a waste of time. But, at the expense of committing sacrilege, if you have dogs (and/or, heaven forbid, cats), then do yourself a favor and score points with the Missus by checking out the best damn vacuum you'll ever want: the Dyson Animal series.

While the official Dyson website has several units listed for pet owners, the one in my house is the Dyson DC17 Animal. It appears Dyson has come up with even more technology to pick up pet hair, dirt and all the other crud a dog (or child, or even, if you can imagine, outdoorsman) can track into the house.

We bought the Animal at Bed, Bath & Beyond (or one of those type places) when it was on sale several Christmases ago. At prices upwards of $500, it was a tough nut to swallow for a vacuum, but I have to tell you: it was worth every penny!

With two dogs in the house, watching a dust bunny the size of our toddler suddenly appear from under a couch and float across the hardwood floors became a routine occurrence. It's not that we didn't clean, we did quite often. It's just nearly impossible to keep up with all that dog hair!

The Dyson is amazing. We vacuumed the entire house with our old unit and then broke out the new DC 17 Animal. In one pass it gathered up way more gunk than I'd care to admit (and my wife is probably horrified that I'm even writing this on a public forum...). It is simply the best vacuum I've ever seen (not that I'm a vacuum aficionado or anything) and should be a mainstay in anyone's house that has pets.

This topic came up on a dog-training forum I like to frequent. You can read the testimonials that it has garnered for yourself.

If you're in the market for a new vacuum or if you just want to score points with the wife (and perhaps parlay that good will into training days or time afield), then do yourself, wife, family and friends a favor and check out the Dyson Animal series of vacuums.

from The Captain wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

Alright gents, take out your man cards and subtract 50 man-points for commenting on how a VACUUM has enhanced your lives.
If you will excuse me, I have to deduct at least 25 man-points from my own card for clicking on this post... Damn!

from Kody wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

For those of us with Golden Retrievers the vacuum article is required reading. My two dogs shed enough each week to make another dog! I have a motor on order for the central vac that died prematurely by overdosing on dog hair. My wife bought a Dyson and it picks up hair like a crazy twister, that should keep the central vac in better shape. If you can afford the expensive dog you better be able to foot the bill to keep your house in shape. Otherwise advise your guest not to wear anything black or they will be wearing dog.

from patrick88 wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

look if im going to spend 500 smackers on something its not a vac.

from Ruckweiler wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

What next? A column on how this vacuum strips feathers off of pheasants and ducks?

from IsaiahB wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

I own a dyson and love it, they should be in every outdoors persons home. Really great vacum.

from puffy wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

I bought the Dyson Animal for the exact same reason and will attest that it is a necessity for dog hair. Also of note, don’t get dark colored furniture and then buy a white dog :)

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

the mess my 4 very young boys make is incredible I feel like I'm always just cleaning in circles!!! heck I'm cleaning as I'm reading this!!

from Montanagyrene wrote 3 years 52 weeks ago

Interesting read...MIght have to check this one out, cuz two dogs and a cat (Mrs Gyrene said 'yes' in a moment of weakness to Little Miss Gyrene) can shed a LOT!!

from Bo wrote 3 years 52 weeks ago

Brian, a cat in my house? Are you kidding me? Well, maybe there's one in the freezer, I'll have to check. I'll get back to you on that.

from Bo wrote 3 years 52 weeks ago

from Montanagyrene wrote 3 years 52 weeks ago

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

from puffy wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

from IsaiahB wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

from Ruckweiler wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

from patrick88 wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago

look if im going to spend 500 smackers on something its not a vac.

from Kody wrote 3 years 51 weeks ago