Get More Dog Hair Out of Your Carpet With Fabric Softener

Gun Dogs Recent Posts

Gun Dogs

August 15, 2011
Get More Dog Hair Out of Your Carpet With Fabric Softener - 4

Get your man cards out and prepare to hand them over. This means you Gayne Young.

That’s right, I’m blogging about housework again. While checking my Facebook newsfeed (I don’t actually live on that site, contrary to popular belief), I came across a great tip posted by the folks at Nylabone. It’s a simple way to help get more dog hair out of the carpet, rugs and other fabrics around your house.

From Nylabone:
“Dog Tip of the Day - A great way to handle dog hair is to take a spray bottle and pour in a couple inches of fabric softener. Fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake well, then mist lightly over any area you want to vacuum. You will get a lot more dog hair out of fabric and rugs! The softener makes the hair release from the fibers, and if you mist it in the room the right way, you will even have hair falling off the ceiling and the walls. It’s a beautiful sight.”

I went out and bought my first bottle of liquid fabric softener after reading this and will be giving the tip a shot. There are a few comments on the post with other tips for getting hair out of the carpet and off your dog, too.

Also of note: If you’ve never given your dog a Nylabone, try it! Both Kona and Hoss love their bones…there are usually at least three floating around the house . While the dogs enjoy chewing the chicken and liver flavored bones, I enjoy the fact that they’re very durable (lasting months) and don’t break off in big chunks or soften like a rawhide (which Hoss works over until pliable and then gets about a foot of gooey hide stuck down his throat).

Now, hand over your man cards. That’s a 50-point deduction for each of you. For Gayne it’s 100-point loss.

from damo450 wrote 2 years 49 weeks ago

I wasn't aware Gayne Young had a man card? I suppose these days they hand them out to anybody!

from MazPower wrote 2 years 49 weeks ago

Prevention is better than a cure, if the dog never comes in the house I never have to live with or try to get rid of hair.

from land_cruiser_73 wrote 2 years 49 weeks ago

Hah! There's no way I'm going around my house spraying fabric softener. If I can't gid rid of all the hair, I will just live with it. Men are supposed to be hairy! I also don't want to know what brand you suggest? Or what kind of scents they have? What aisle in the store WON'T I find that in?

from fujiifam5 wrote 2 years 49 weeks ago

This sounds like a great trick. Can't wait to have my house smelling this good. Thanks Brian

from fujiifam5 wrote 2 years 49 weeks ago