When Nuts Run The Asylum

The Gun Shots Recent Posts

The Gun Shots

September 08, 2009
When Nuts Run The Asylum - 6

Fifteen hunting and conservation organizations, including the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and the National Wild Turkey Federation, last week denounced President Obama's nomination of an avowed anti-hunter to a high-level administration position.

According to Alan Clemons, writing for ESPNOutdoors.com, the nomination of longtime attorney and law professor Cass Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs :has drawn harsh scorn and a concerted grassroots effort to block the appointment through calls and emails to Senate leaders.:

The OIRA has authority over federal regulations, including those of the Department of the Interior and its U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Department of Agriculture.

Why should you be alarmed: Sunstein has stated that animals should be allowed to sue humans in court and hunting should be banned completely if its only purpose is for sport.

For more, go to: http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/story?id=4451898

Related:

-- Last Call: Block the czar; http://www.ammoland.com/2009/09/04/last-call-block-the-czar-action-needed-today/

from Alan Clemons wrote 4 years 3 weeks ago

86Ram, did you even read the story linked before posting your statements? At all? Any of it?

If not, go back and do so. Nowhere did I support Obama's selection of Sunstein to this position in this outline of the organizations who were fighting the nomination, nor do I support Obama. Never have and never will. Never have voted Democrat, for that matter.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

They come from the city more than likely or a suburb and have never experienced the outdoors, hunting, fishing or maybe even camping.

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

Makes me wonder where these type of people come from.

from seadog wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

This is the nominee to fight hard against because it goes directly to our rights as sportsmen. If your Senator might be on the fence about this, now is the time to write him a letter.

from Bo wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

I think Obama should keep the change, I will keep my guns, thank you. We are in for the battle for our country and our heritage. We are in for the long haul, Stay strong.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

I commend the NWTF, NSSF and anyother organization that is willing to make such a strong stand on behalf of it's members, fellow hunters and as a member of the NWTF, I've contacted my State Representatives to convey my feelings on this subject. Let's hope that this will be a win for us.

As far as Mr. Clemons and ESPN outdoors I'm glad I cancelled that cable channel. He's another example of a corporate sell out and adds to the media bias. If he were a true outdoorsman, maybe he wouldn't be so quick to jump on the O bandwagon.

Cass Sunstein is another product of Change this country does not need.

Hunters spend millions and actually help the economy. Guys like Sunstein and Clemons are leaches that suck the economy dry on behalf of themselves.

from seadog wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

Cass Sunstein is another product of Change this country does not need.

from Bo wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 4 years 31 weeks ago

Makes me wonder where these type of people come from.

from Alan Clemons wrote 4 years 3 weeks ago