New Rossi Ranch Hand Lever Action Pistol

The Gun Shots Recent Posts

The Gun Shots

April 05, 2011
New Rossi Ranch Hand Lever Action Pistol - 9

If you have $536 lying around that you’re looking to get rid of then Rossi has a pistol for you.

It is the new Ranch Hand Lever Action Pistol and it is, well, different. It’s a pistol. It’s a lever action. It’s not meant to be fired from the shoulder, yet it has buckhorn rifle sights. So it’s a handgun, sort of, not. And it weighs 4.9 pounds.

In case any of this is confusing the press release says it “is manufactured in compliance with federal handgun laws.” So don’t over think it.

You can get it in .38/.357, .45 Colt or .44 Mag. and it is odd enough that I just might try one out.

from qwed1 wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

For those of you interested in the Rossi Ranch Hand, you can get the holster rig from Legacy Sports, just be sure to mention it is for the Ranch Hand and the caliber.

from John B. Snow wrote 3 years 15 weeks ago

Yep, McQueen's version was a cut down Winchester M1892 that was chambered in .44-40, though on the set he wore .45-70 cartridges in his belt.

I'll have to find out if anyone is making a reproduction holster for the rig. It would make you totally gangsta at the next SASS event.

from Rnegelein wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

From the headline I thought of the old Volcanic pistol that was the predecessor of the Winchester Henry Rifle. It turns out that it is a Mare's Leg style so you can play Steve McQueen in Wanted Dead or Alive...Cool.

from damo450 wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

I doubt practicality has ever really been the largest deciding factor in gun purchases from people posting on this page! Just like buying a saddle for a squirrel. Useful? No. But funny? Absolutely!

Put a flashlight on it (duct tape?) and home defense guns have yet another card in the deck.

from John B. Snow wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

Practical? Only if you're a midget cowboy. But I think with a magazine full of .38 Spl. it would be a heck of a lot of fun. And, who knows, once I get my hands on one there might be an actual application for it beyond just the fun factor.

from DSMbirddog wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

I'm sure it would be fun at the range but I just don't see a practical use for it. I don't think it would qualify as a handgun here in Iowa so that you could use it for deer hunting.

from charlie elk wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

Yeah that is so odd it does need trying out. Could make for a fun day at the range.
later,
charlie

from Mike wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

Why?

from Smitty18 wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

Rancher: Look, there is an illegal alien! Son, grab the pistol off the ATV.
Son: I don't see the pistol anywhere. The only thing here is your rifle!
Rancher: It is a pistol!
Son: No, that is definantly a rifle.
...........................................................It is actually a very cool gun but I dont think I would want that as my CCW pistol. And it could cause some serious confusion...

from Smitty18 wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago

Rancher: Look, there is an illegal alien! Son, grab the pistol off the ATV.
Son: I don't see the pistol anywhere. The only thing here is your rifle!
Rancher: It is a pistol!
Son: No, that is definantly a rifle.

from charlie elk wrote 3 years 16 weeks ago