Best Squirrel Rifle Ever: Volquartsen Rimfire

The Gun Shots Recent Posts

The Gun Shots

January 25, 2013
Best Squirrel Rifle Ever: Volquartsen Rimfire - 6

This futuristic-looking rimfire from Volquartsen just might be the hottest squirrel hunting rifle around. It features a hollowed out stock with thumbhole, an aluminum receiver, and carbon fiber barrel with an overstated free-floating design.

It's available in .22 LR, .22 Mag, and .17 HMR.

from peteyraymond wrote 1 year 25 weeks ago

I checked online and the rifle in the video starts off at $1,127. A few years ago I bought a bolt action Marlin 880SQ .22. It has a gray composite stock and has a 24" bull barrel. I put an old 4X scope on it. That rifle is a tack-driver and cost only $199.

from tiger98 wrote 1 year 25 weeks ago

Here in NY, that thumbhole and flash supressor now recently qualifies it as an "assault weapon" and it has to be registered with the Gestapo, er, I mean the state, in order to own it.

from schmakenzie wrote 1 year 26 weeks ago

My savage is the best squirrel rifle ever. It is a .22 with a 20 gauge back-up. Love that gun.

from marksman wrote 1 year 26 weeks ago

I'd bet it takes a whole lot of squirrel pelts to pay for that baby. Bet it doesn't shoot any better than my old Win 69A Sporter.

A muzzle brake on a rimfire is like putting an elevator in an outhouse. It just don't belong.

from JM wrote 1 year 26 weeks ago

Like Huntfishtrap touched on,
There is no such thing as the "Best squirrel rifle" and there never will be. I'm sure it is a great gun, but to me the stock looks like it was designed for a little girl.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 26 weeks ago

I don't think any of the squirrels I've shot with my Savage Mk II have ever complained that they weren't killed with a fancy-pants Volquartsen. I don't know why that gun would be the "best squirrel rifle ever", except that it's new and expensive, which usually seem to be OL's primary reasons for pushing hot new guns.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 26 weeks ago