Video: Monster Moose Shot at Point-Blank Range

Hunting Recent Posts

Hunting

September 28, 2011
Video: Monster Moose Shot at Point-Blank Range - 18

This video comes from a French Canadian hunter in Quebec named Real Langlois, better known as the Rackman. The video was posted on YouTube on April 5, 2011 and was titled "World Record Moose," but that claim is unconfirmed and that claim is confirmed by the Pope and Young Club. The bull scores 249 1/8 inches. You have to give credit to the Rackman for having nerves of steel on this shot.

How close would you let a huge rutting bull moose get?

from Ryan Brodbeck wrote 1 year 8 weeks ago

my heart was about to come out of my chest just seeing the video.... Great job

from fisherus wrote 2 years 9 weeks ago

This is as exciting a hunting video can possibly get. I came very close to feeling like it was me behind the tree, bow drawn, waiting for a shot. Even felt a few chills going up my spine when the bull began tu turn right and come into the presentation for the shot.
Perfect, wonderfully perfect!

from papajocu wrote 2 years 9 weeks ago

UNBELIEVABLE! I would have not been able to speak either! WHAT A RUSH JUST TO WATCH IT!

from Buckshott00 wrote 2 years 14 weeks ago

Just saw this video for the first time. All I can say is it must be difficult for him to walk with those enormous balls!!

from chadder wrote 2 years 27 weeks ago

WOW WOW WOW!!!! i don't think i could have made that shot, would have been shaking too much! congratulations on a great hunt, shot, footage, and trophy.

from pineywoods wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

That took a huge amount of nerve (and Luck) for the hunter and two cameramen to pull that off. At that range, one little swirl of air could have spoiled everything. It's a wonder the hunter's whole body wasn't shaking as much as his hand after it was over. Well done!!! That hunt and video will be treasured.

from 6phunter wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

AWESOME, ICE WATER IN THIS BOWMAN'S VEINS

from 25-06 guy wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

That was great. Good job!!!!

from tovlogos wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

He did everything right. He didn't lose his nerve. Nice meat.

from Obidia wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

The 'Rackman' definitely had a terrific hunt, with a true story book finish. Of course the bull knew what kind of creature he was facing - a new predator, but they're not stupid - just belligerent, masters of their territory, and while in the rut - always ready to rumble.

Initially I thought the shot was a bit far back and low in slow motioning the video, but at that range and with the evident skill of the bowman, he could have drilled a snuff box a 100 times going.

With the penetration showing it's possible the arrow may have hit and broke a rib on the way in, but nonetheless - a killing shot in relatively short order.

Hearty Congratulations to Real Langlois of Quebec, that's a once in a lifetime trophy and a impressive hunting performance all around. Lots of great eating steaks, roast, burgers, and smoked sausage gotta be coming out of Mr. Moose in the cold months ahead.

All the while 'The Rackman', family and friends can sit back with their Crown Royals in hand, and gaze wondrously at their majestic trophy now on the wall overhead.

Hunting doesn't get any better than this..!

from jalander wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

What a hunt! The greatest shot I have ever seen. The shooter's adrenalin was pumping. Did you see the way his right hand was shaking. I bet he use up a years supply of the stuff. Wonderful! Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing it with us, Realtree Folks. I wish I could download this one. Man alive!

from elkmtngear wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

The arrow initially buried to the fletchings, and when the moose started to run, it came back out. Very common on a heart or lung hit. That bull was done! Congrats to the Rackman!

from jimamirault wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

Yhe lead in says the record is unconfirmed, but the Pope and Young club has confirmed this moose as the new world record. It scores 249 1/8 and recieved the first award at the 50th anniversary this spring. The hunter is Real Langlois and he took this giant in the Yukon.

from 23 wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

Very awesome video, I have never hunted Moose, but shouldn't they see/smell something wrong and backoff, if not run away at that range?

from AMM0 wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

Oh. My. God. That is insane!!

from Montanagyrene wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

Call me 'chicken', but I'd REALLY want MORE than that little bitty SAPLING between me and a bull THAT big!! Good thing he ran off, instead of going after either the hunter of the cameraman!!

from Hntrb wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

It would be insane to be so close to a moose that big..awesome footage! I can't believe the moose didn't spot the camera guys as well as the hunter moving around.

from ORbowhunter wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Unbelievable...nerves of steel is a complete understatement! But how light was the bow set to only have that much penetration? I know moose are hearty animals, but it the arrow only looks like it only drove about 10-12 inches.

from ORbowhunter wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from Hntrb wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from jimamirault wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

from elkmtngear wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

from 25-06 guy wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

That was great. Good job!!!!

from pineywoods wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

from fisherus wrote 2 years 9 weeks ago

Perfect, wonderfully perfect!

from Montanagyrene wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

from AMM0 wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

Oh. My. God. That is insane!!

from 23 wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

from jalander wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

from tovlogos wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

He did everything right. He didn't lose his nerve. Nice meat.

from 6phunter wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

AWESOME, ICE WATER IN THIS BOWMAN'S VEINS

from Buckshott00 wrote 2 years 14 weeks ago

from papajocu wrote 2 years 9 weeks ago

from Ryan Brodbeck wrote 1 year 8 weeks ago

my heart was about to come out of my chest just seeing the video.... Great job

from Obidia wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

Hunting doesn't get any better than this..!

from chadder wrote 2 years 27 weeks ago