Ultimate Robin Hood: Is this the Best Archery Shot Ever?

Hunting Recent Posts

Hunting

August 08, 2012
Ultimate Robin Hood: Is this the Best Archery Shot Ever? - 9

There are some cool shots in this video, but skip to 55-second mark to see what I'm talking about. I'm guessing you won't understand much of the commentary here (it's in Korean), but you don't really need it. The video speaks for itself.

This is the best Robin Hood shot (splitting one of your arrows) I've seen in a long time. What's your take? Is this the best Robin Hood you've ever seen? Have you ever made this shot yourself?

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 48 weeks ago

NVBrushman: Yes, you're correct, shooting bow is like shooting a gun in that regard. However, my bow WAS shooting "on" at the time, since subsequent shots all hit the bullseye perfectly, it was just those two shots that happened to hit slightly off. I don't know how to explain it, other than I just happened to "pull" two consecutive shots off-target in exactly the same way.

from JM wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

IMO all that comes with a robin hood is a broken/damaged arrow. Why would you call someone who breaks their own equipment a good shot?

from NVBrushman wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

to: huntfishtrap -- "... both were actually poor shots!" Huh? In rifle shooting, it is the size of the group, not its placement on the target, which counts. If one can manage a good, tight group, then one can move that around by adjusting the sights. Why is this not true with archery?

from 6phunter wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

he's shooting with fingers,although some shots may rival this one, there's no debate this is as good as it gets.

from Ishi wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

Robin hoods are a little easier while shooting at a fatter arrow with no noc. As shown in the film.

Tim Wells? Oh my. You need to find another hero.

from Sainte_Terrer wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

I'd like to see him go head-to-head with Tim Wells on flying dove. Tim is simply the best archer that I have ever seen in the field. Check out the Relentless Pursuits page on Youtube...

from charlie elk wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

A friend's son as of 2 years ago was accepted into U.S.A. Olympics training camp. Those guys & gals shoot hundreds of arrows everyday and they do several "Robin Hoods". They are the best of best competing against the best of best. Their videos prove it and they have the arrows to prove it.

As for me, I shoot a longbow with wood arrows and gloved fingers instinctively. Very occasionally & accidentally an arrow splits an arrow.
Whereas, when my friend's son shoots with with us using my bow setup, he is told he will buy any ruined arrows because he can and does do it on purpose. And he has not made the team yet.
Go U.S.A.
later,
charlie

from Bob Hansen wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

Hi...

If this shot was legit...it probably was excellent aim. And yes, it could also have been a very lucky shot. Anybody can be lucky once.

If a skeet shooter hits one clay, does that make the shooter someone with excellent aim? Of course not...the skeet shooter has to hit a lot more than just one.

It's the total number of hits out of 100 (or any other particular number) that counts.

Let's see how many of those shots he can make in succession...!!

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

Ha ha, have you made this shot yourself indeed, I don't think there's a single person on this site who could honestly say they've done one that good.
I do have one Robin Hood to my name, though it wasn't anywhere near that good - the second arrow split out the side of the previous one about halfway through. If I'm being honest though, I would have to say it was awfully lucky, since neither arrow was actually in the bulls-eye, so both were actually poor shots!

from Bob Hansen wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

Hi...

Let's see how many of those shots he can make in succession...!!

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

from charlie elk wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

Go U.S.A.
later,
charlie

from Sainte_Terrer wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

from Ishi wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

Tim Wells? Oh my. You need to find another hero.

from 6phunter wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago