Video: Black Bear Climbs Up Hunter's Tree

Hunting Recent Posts

Hunting

November 26, 2012
Video: Black Bear Climbs Up Hunter's Tree - 5

Black bears don't seem so tough until one climbs into your treestand. This video was uploaded to LiveLeak, so we don't know much about it, other than that it makes for some high-quality entertainment.

from Bob Hansen wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

Hi...

Super interesting video.

Am curious, though. Was bear season not open at the time...or was the bear too small...no bear 'tag'...or what...??

from LovesOutdoors wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago

I talked to a archery bear hunter on the plane, coming back from northern Saskatchewan, Canada. He told me the bowhunters in his hunting camp, had to shoot the black bears with a sling shot, because they were climbing up the tree, to investagate the tree stand and hunter in it.

from DRTice wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago

This happened to a guy I went to school with years ago. The Bear came up the tree when he was bow hunting for Bear. He has to use a wheel chair everyday since then but got up there the next year and took a Bear from the same tree stand with a rife.

from Mark Gervais wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago

Nice job on the video. Been there before to. 3 years ago opening deer archery I had a black bear climb the tree right next to me about 6 feet away and get eye level and stair at me. 5 minutes or so I bet. Had to finally yell at him some to get him to get down and leave then I had to throw a stick at him to get him to get the heck out of there. Never bear hunted before but I bet if I did with my luck I'd have a damn deer rubbing his horns on my ladder.

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago

That was a neat video but I'm not sure I could have kept quiet. the bear was like "Oops! Sorry."

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago