OL Weather: A Weather Report for Outdoorsmen

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

October 20, 2010
OL Weather: A Weather Report for Outdoorsmen - 9

When I first began developing the idea for a weather site, I asked myself: "What kind of weather information is absolutely essential for sportsmen?"

All of us look forward to those magical days when the woods come alive with bucks chasing does or turkeys gobbling from their roosts, or those amazing times when, no matter what you throw, every cast draws a strike. The only problem: No one could predict when those magical hunting and fishing days would occur…until now.

CLICK HERE FOR OL WEATHER >>

After years of studying records and cross-referencing them to weather, moon and solar activity, I have partnered with Outdoor Life to develop a tool to predict exactly when the best days to be afield will be. Thousands of harvest and catch records were cross-referenced to site- and time-specific barometer, temperature, wind, sky cover and moon-phase data to determine the whitetail, turkey and fish forecasts you see here. Combining these tools can even further enhance your chances for success.

The best thing about our weather forecasts is that they’re built upon solid data that relates directly to your area of outdoor interest. And our 5-day forecasts are the most accurate, because we’ve based them upon thousands of cross-referenced data entries.

Fishermen will find our water temperature charts, relating specifically to individual species, invaluable in determining which days (and what hours of those days) will produce the best action.

Hunters can rely on our forecasts to tell them the absolute best days and times to be on stand because we’ve done all of the homework for them, comparing thousands of record-book entries for trophy deer and turkeys, then cross-referencing them with the actual weather conditions that occurred when those trophies were taken.

The unique result is the most useful and reliable weather forecasts anyone has ever produced specifically for hunters and fishermen.

Got a question about how all of this works? No problem. Simply post your question in our Answer’s Tool and we will be happy to try to answer it.

Want to help build our database to make it even bigger? Add your harvest information, and you’ll be automatically entered to possibly win some great outdoor prizes.

Got a comment about our site or a story to tell about how our information helped you in the field? Come join in our lively comments section.

So bookmark this page and use our information. We believe you’ll find it to be the most useful hunting and fishing tool you can find anywhere.

from Bo wrote 3 years 37 weeks ago

I know this place that is kind of out of the way. The authorities don't come out there because it is too hard to get there and it might scratch up their cars and trucks...; if you happen to come across any of the spammers, give me a call...:-D

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

"feel" not "fell" sorry

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

seadog, it snowed down lower today, I can fell the crisp air to the lungs. It would only take one night without electricity out here now with the cold for these spammers to wake the passion of religiously praying for mercy for there crumb snatching,bottom feeding soul. And I say that in a good way :-)

from seadog wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

DJH, you can take half of em up into the mountains & leave em on a glacier somewhere--I'll take the other half for a "three hour tour" of the Everglades. LOL

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

it's like having a hunting club meeting at the swapmeat with these spamms :-). Great tool you guys got going on though OL can't wait to put it to some use!

from seadog wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

I like the weather reports.

P.S. The spam is getting really bad again.

from Don Mitchell wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

this is one of the best things that O.D.L. has done in a long time. I think every one will like it.

from GGNYC wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

Very cool stuff! I am weather obsessed and this will be something check out often.

from Johnnie wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

I like the new OL Weather addition to the site! I changed the weather location at the top of the page under the Contact Us/Sign out to my local area. It is nice to have the temperature and weather condition in plain sight. I will be using and trying out the full feature of OL Weather when fishing and hunting arise. Good job OL!!!

from Johnnie wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

from seadog wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

I like the weather reports.

P.S. The spam is getting really bad again.

from seadog wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago