A New Low Even For a Poacher

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

November 22, 2010
A New Low Even For a Poacher - 8

Regular readers of the Newshound blog during the past four years may recall dozens of references to the nefarious—and often the lame-brained—activities carried out by poachers and game law violators. But this week’s actions by an Idaho poacher are, hands-down, the most wicked and vindictive we’ve ever witnessed.

The Idaho Fish and Game Department reports it received a letter and photographs last Friday from someone who not only admitted poaching several big game animals, but also shamelessly taunted the agency.

“Here is a picture of the nice buck I poached up in northern Idaho this year. & I plan to do all my Idaho hunting like this from now on. & I’ll send a picture of my nice pronghorn next. Also my turkey.”

(Shown here is the whitetail buck photo that accompanied the letter.)

The letter, which was laced with expletives, was postmarked Everett, Wash, according to Fish and Game spokesman Ed Mitchell, who admitted it was very unusual.

“This is, in my memory, the only one of these we’ve ever gotten,” Ed Mitchell told the Idaho Mountain Express.

Mitchell says the department is hoping anyone with information about “Poacher X” will contact them by utilizing either the Idaho Citizens Against Poaching hotline at 1-800-632-5999 or on the agency’s website. Tipsters may remain anonymous and are eligible for rewards if information supplied is sufficient for a citation or a warrant to be issued.

Mitchell added that poachers are often caught from leads received from the public.

“Poacher folks tend to be the type of people with other problems,” he said. “They have angry girlfriends and ex-wives.”

Most sportsmen agree that all poachers are akin to bottom-feeders, but this crook’s actions are particularly egregious and spiteful. We look forward to reporting his arrest, conviction and sentencing here at The Outdoor Life Newshound.

from MARINESNIPER44 wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

What pisses me off even more than a poacher is someone that waste meat. Aka rack hunters.

from www.dropjhook.com wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

poachers are the lowest form of human kind, it's to the point on our reservation that people will come to all our gathering, hang around & butter everyone up then all of sudden there out shooting game on tribal land pretending to be a tribal member & even going as far as having tribal members with them while they poach so if they get caught the tribal members will lose there rights to hunt over someone they thought was a tribal member because they saw him at all the tribal gatherings. The poacher gets a fine he succeeded in getting less tribal members hunting & so that means more poaching for phony down low, sniffing drugs while behind closed doors with there kids watching, thinking there better because oh my there just so smart because they own a spot light, crystal meth smoking narcotic pill dealing low life! Hang them all & I would offer my free service on rounding them all up!

from pineywoods wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

That poacher should be forgiven---right after he is hanged.

from HuntNMmuley wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

This guy is trash. I am sure one of his "buddies" will dime him out once they catch wind of the kind of reward Game and Fish is offering. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

from Johnnie wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Ishi...... Exactly what you said. Or the moron will post it on Facebook.

from Ishi wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Anybody this boastful is going to brag to the wrong person. It's just a matter of time someone he knows turns him in.

from HawkEye wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

I'd like to hunt in Idaho, but if that is a nice buck in Idaho I won't be hunting for whitetails. LoL Can't wait to read about the idiot getting caught and I'd make an example of him!

from Johnnie wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Though the letter was postmarked from Everett, Washington it doesn't mean the poacher is from Everett, Washington. The poacher could have drove to Everett, Washington and mailed the letter. Than again who knows, maybe the poacher is from Everett, Washington.
This poacher is playing a cat and mouse game with Idaho Fish and Game Department; catch me if you can. I hope he gets caught. I'm sure Bo would chime in with "This poacher is a scum-sucking, slime-slurping, maggot-munching, bottom-feeding low-life." This poacher is an idiot. If he is entertained by his poaching, he is easily entertained. Poachers must have a very low IQ.
The poacher says that is a nice buck he got. I don't think it is, its average.
I see the poacher is using camo rope to hang the deer by. I would say the guy is camo clad trying to be hidden from his dirty deeds. You can hide from others, but you can't hide from yourself. I see there is blood on the deer's neck and left ear which makes me think the guy is sloppy and will screw up sooner than later.

from Johnnie wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

The poacher says that is a nice buck he got. I don't think it is, its average.

from HawkEye wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

from Ishi wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

from Johnnie wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

Ishi...... Exactly what you said. Or the moron will post it on Facebook.

from HuntNMmuley wrote 3 years 34 weeks ago

from pineywoods wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

That poacher should be forgiven---right after he is hanged.

from MARINESNIPER44 wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago