Hunters and Researchers Head to Siberia to Find Bigfoot

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

October 07, 2011
Hunters and Researchers Head to Siberia to Find Bigfoot - 4

Siberia, long known for its Bigfoot sightings, is planning a major international event around the mythical…err I mean, elusive … creature.

The Kemerovo region will be bringing in experts from around the world for a comprehensive upcoming conference on Bigfoot, which is more commonly referred to as the Yeti or Siberian Snowman in the region. The event, which is expected to draw large crowds of enthusiasts, will entail discussions of genetic research, video and audio analysis, as well as a hunt for Bigfoot himself, according to multiple news sources.

Bigfoot hunters, cryptozoologists and academics alike are expected to arrive from Russia, China, Canada, Mongolia, Sweden, the United States and other countries. The event will be the largest of its kind in Russia since the 1950s.

In 2009, several hunters reported seeing "two-meter-tall, ape-like animals" in the region. Since then, Kemerovo has held an annual "Day of the Bigfoot" festival, and has also promoted Bigfoot as a local tourist attraction.

A preliminary conference at Moscow's Darwin Museum was reportedly very successful, and included a speech by a Russian senator, an address by a director of the International Center of Hominology, as well as talks from various wildlife biologists.

from dhottell wrote 2 years 40 weeks ago

I, for one, wish them the best of luck and wish I could be there for the entertainment value!

from pineywoods wrote 2 years 41 weeks ago

Oooh! I see there is a believer among us giving out dings. Quick, give me mine.
Nobody would be happier than me if they did find one (or more) but I'm not betting anything that they do.

from Sven_Katur wrote 2 years 41 weeks ago

Siberia !!! I'm in Florida (today's high 81 degrees) and have a breeding pair with two juveniles living in my backyard that I just spent $125 on for their annual distemper shots.

from MNwhitetailHunter wrote 2 years 41 weeks ago

some people are too gullible. i bet some one will prank those tools by making foot prints and leaving hairs on the trees.

from dhottell wrote 2 years 40 weeks ago

from MNwhitetailHunter wrote 2 years 41 weeks ago

from Sven_Katur wrote 2 years 41 weeks ago

from pineywoods wrote 2 years 41 weeks ago

Oooh! I see there is a believer among us giving out dings. Quick, give me mine.