Video: Man Risks His Life to Ride White Rhino

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

February 17, 2012
Video: Man Risks His Life to Ride White Rhino - 12

We may have a new leader in the unfortunate, yet ever continuously ongoing race to do the most asinine thing imaginable for the sole purpose of putting proof of it on the Internet.

A video of an idiot riding a white rhino went viral this week. There are actually two people in the video: One that sneaks into an enclosure to jump on the back of and “ride” the rhino and the camera man, who breaks from saying “dude” every three seconds to put his mug in front of the lens. It is unclear where the video was shot or who the two idiots are. And, yes, “idiot” is the correct term.

To understand just how stupid a move this was on the part of the rider, I asked my friend Jofie Lamprecht, who has been a professional hunter in Namibia and elsewhere in Africa for more than 10 years. He has successfully hunted rhino four times. He said, “Rhino can turn on a dime, outrun any human and flip a truck with just a flick of his head. This is not an animal to be taken lightly, even when carrying a heavy double rifle.”

In other words, the guy is lucky the rhino didn’t squash him into pulp.
Comment below!

from trapper vic wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Just a couple of "jackass" wanna be's? I'm surprised the clown behind the camera was smart enough to run it!

from ILikePike wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Well, dude, At least he didn't shoot four of the endangered species like "your friend" Jofie Lamprecht has successfully done. Who's the real idiot, dude?

from Colorado Samurai wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

relax folks, he's just practicing to get his darwin award.

from max klepper wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

What a crappy ending! I was hoping he would be smushed or thrown off or something just to learn him. This is what happens when dumb kids get camera phones. Bad mixture!

from max klepper wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

from Bob Hansen wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Hi...

Well, at least the cameraman's idiocy didn't quite (but almost did) match up with that of the rider.

He had brass ones alright, just nothing upstairs.

Wonder what the participants were sniffing just before the taping?

from pineywoods wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Gayne, you're wrong---calling those two "idiots" gives real idiots all over the world a bad name. These two don't even qualify as imbeciles. As best I could tell, the one with the camera has a nine word vocabulary---I couldn't bring myself to listen a second time. It's just a d@mned shame the rhino was in a good mood that day.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Now I'd never intentionally wish harm upon somebody, but I was honestly hoping the rhino would flip 'dude' up in the air before reducing him into little more than a patch of red mud. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Kid has balls that clank, I'll give him that- just nothing upstairs.

from captjim wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Must have been a slow day over at occupy wallstreet.

from MazPower wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

He's trying to one-up Guy On A Buffalo.

from Dcast wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

I think the camera man needs some new boxers after listening to that! Yeh, dude!Yeh, dude!Yeh, dude!Yeh, dude!, thats the spot yeh dude! thats the spot! Ok the last part was an addlib.

from Orange Grove wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Dude, dude, dude, dude, what an idiot

from Dcast wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

from captjim wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Must have been a slow day over at occupy wallstreet.

from pineywoods wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

from Orange Grove wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Dude, dude, dude, dude, what an idiot

from MazPower wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

He's trying to one-up Guy On A Buffalo.

from Bob Hansen wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Hi...

He had brass ones alright, just nothing upstairs.

Wonder what the participants were sniffing just before the taping?

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

Kid has balls that clank, I'll give him that- just nothing upstairs.

from max klepper wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

from max klepper wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

from Colorado Samurai wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago

relax folks, he's just practicing to get his darwin award.

from trapper vic wrote 2 years 21 weeks ago