James Bond to Use .500 Nitro Express in New 'Skyfall' Movie

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

September 28, 2012
James Bond to Use .500 Nitro Express in New 'Skyfall' Movie - 5

Bond. James Bond, will be shooting a double rifle designed to stop a charging elephant in the latest Bond outing Skyfall.

Remmert van Braam of Bond Lifestyle is reporting that Daniel Craig’s James Bond will use an Anderson Wheeler .500 Nitro Express Double Rifle in the next installment of the 50-year-old Bond film franchise.

The $24,500 .500 Nitro Box Lock Express Rifle shoots a 570 grain .50 caliber bullet at about 2,200 feet per second. The .500 was originally conceived of for shooting – and stopping – dangerous game in Africa and India.

It is unknown in what capacity Bond will use his .500 but the latest trailer does offer a glimpse of Daniel Craig holding the rifle at the hip at the 2:22 mark.

Skyfall hits UK theaters in October and US theaters on November 9, 2012.

from The Captain wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

Let's see... .500 NE vs sissy Walther. I will take the .500 NE, please.

from Kody wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

Odd, is it not? I don't know if you are correct in saying that the Bond actors are anti gun. I do know the roles they play make the owning of firearms pretty attractive to many people. Bond characters have style in their choice of weapons and a sense of fashion to boot. They may as well be card carrying NRA members for their skilled portrayals. I don't recall the producers allowing them to voice their anti gun sentiments on the outtakes.

from Kody wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

from officerdom1987 wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

It'd be even better if they made the rifle the new "Golden Gun"

from Johnnie wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

The actors who have played James Bond are anti-gun. Hypocrites they are.

from Johnnie wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

The actors who have played James Bond are anti-gun. Hypocrites they are.

from officerdom1987 wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

It'd be even better if they made the rifle the new "Golden Gun"

from Kody wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

from Kody wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

from The Captain wrote 1 year 40 weeks ago

Let's see... .500 NE vs sissy Walther. I will take the .500 NE, please.