VIDEO: Man Meets Friendly Deer While Checking Trail Camera

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

December 14, 2012
VIDEO: Man Meets Friendly Deer While Checking Trail Camera - 7

YouTube user tjsticky took a walk in the woods to check his trail camera and made a new friend. In the video, a button buck walks out of the trees and heads straight toward him.

If you can get past the vertical footage and the creepy way he says "Hi there," the video is pretty interesting. The buck stands around for two and a half minutes while the guy talks to it and scratches its head. He says he tried to scare it off before shooting the video, which clearly didn't work. In the end, the guy walks away before the buck does.

This doesn't look like footage from a deer farm to me ... what do you think?

from Bob Hansen wrote 1 year 9 weeks ago

Hi...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Years ago, when we had many deer come onto our property in NY, it was quite common for us to actually feed them bread from our hand. (This was before anyone thought that that could be harmful to deer).

In no time, they had no fear of us at all. Many other people also had the same experience at that time.

from Web Et wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Yup, I think it's real. Have friend on west coast who feeds a mother & kids by hand from her backyard. The deer show up every night around (their) dinner time. These are wild deer.

from MWK_MN wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

A neighbor probably raised it after finding it as a fawn. Must have been recently released. The guy sounds legit. This happened to some friends and I near some lake cabins in Wisconsin a few years ago with no farms in the area. Whoever raised/fed this meant well but it won't last long in the wild without a fear of humans.

from 4everAutumn wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

I agree with DSMbirddog on the hoax. Yes, it’s definitely a real deer, but it is either from a farm, or one that was picked up from the wild as a fawn and raised by hand. It is imprinted on people and I would bet the guy taking the video is well aware of this.

from X2DKkiller wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

I think that would be the easiest hunt I would have been on.

from MDhunter1 wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

I think it's real, if someone wanted to fake it...it would be a 150 inch 10 pt. that is awesome.

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

I'm sorry, I think it is a hoax.

from MDhunter1 wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

from 4everAutumn wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

I'm sorry, I think it is a hoax.

from X2DKkiller wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

I think that would be the easiest hunt I would have been on.

from MWK_MN wrote 1 year 17 weeks ago

from Web Et wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

from Bob Hansen wrote 1 year 9 weeks ago

Hi...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.