Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
  • Log in with Facebook
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

Five Minnesota Men Seriously Injured in Ice Shanty Explosion

Syndicate

Syndicate content
Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!

Newshound Recent Posts

Categories

Recent Comments

Archives

Newshound
in your Inbox

Enter your email address to get our new post everyday.

January 03, 2013
Five Minnesota Men Seriously Injured in Ice Shanty Explosion - 2

Five men were severely injured when their ice shanty exploded on Lake of the Woods in northern Minnesota over the weekend. According to the Duluth News Tribune, a propane tank exploded in their fish house, blowing out the windows and burning the structure.

Luckily the health status of three of the men has improved from critical condition. One of the anglers, William Huotari of Fargo, North Dakota remains in critical condition at a hospital in Duluth, according to the newspaper.

It is unclear how or why the propane tank exploded and the Minnesota State Fire Marshal's office is still investigating the case. However, authorities believe the explosion was an accident.

Comments (2)

Top Rated
All Comments
from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 27 weeks ago

When I first saw the headline, I figured they'd made the horrible mistake of using a lighter after consuming Hank's Famous 5-Bean Chili.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report
from Bob Hansen wrote 1 year 27 weeks ago

Hi...

A propane 'tank' is generally considered to be a 20-pounder or bigger. Such tanks should NEVER be used indoors.

The article, though, was very sketchy, not saying the size of the tank or where it was located.

Sometimes such an explosion is due to inappropriate rubber hose propane gas lines...something else that should never be used indoors, or anywhere else.

Either way, I hope those guys are okay...and will have learned something valuable from their experience.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report

Post a Comment (200 characters or less)

from Bob Hansen wrote 1 year 27 weeks ago

Hi...

A propane 'tank' is generally considered to be a 20-pounder or bigger. Such tanks should NEVER be used indoors.

The article, though, was very sketchy, not saying the size of the tank or where it was located.

Sometimes such an explosion is due to inappropriate rubber hose propane gas lines...something else that should never be used indoors, or anywhere else.

Either way, I hope those guys are okay...and will have learned something valuable from their experience.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report
from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 27 weeks ago

When I first saw the headline, I figured they'd made the horrible mistake of using a lighter after consuming Hank's Famous 5-Bean Chili.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report

Post a Comment (200 characters or less)

bmxbiz