Duck Dynasty Responds to Morrissey's Insults Over Jimmy Kimmel Show

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

February 28, 2013
Duck Dynasty Responds to Morrissey's Insults Over Jimmy Kimmel Show - 6

The Robertson family of Duck Dynasty turned the proverbial other cheek to 1980s Smith’s frontman Morrissey on Jimmy Kimmel Live by saying they had no problem with the singer, his displeasure for hunters and meat eaters, or vegans in general. This, of course, after the always-melancholy singer canceled his appearance on the show citing that he couldn’t risk being seen with the Robertson family as they are “animal serial killers.”

Animal serial killers?

I’m not even sure I know what that means (actually, grammatically speaking I think it means a group of animals that are serial killers).

Regardless, of what Morrissey meant, Phil Robertson didn’t particularly care. In fact he wasn’t sure who Morrissey was at all. “Whoever the guy was, I don’t mind. If he wants to eat vegetables, no problem,” Phil said, according to Outdoorhub.com. “We don’t care. We don’t mind if someone says ‘y’all eat ducks.’ We’re like ‘uh, yeah!’”

Jimmy Kimmel poked fun of Morrissey’s stance when he showed a promo for Duck Dynasty’s Carrot Call.

from MorrisNTex wrote 26 weeks 3 days ago

"Vegan" Indian word for bad hunter...
I know it's old but I couldn't resist. :D

from grayfox38 wrote 46 weeks 3 days ago

Who the heck is morrisey? Matter of inquiry, who is Kimmel?

from DaBears wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago

Hay it's a free country. If Morrisey doesn't want to go on with the Robinsons it's really no big deal. I have no problem respecting vegetarians as long as they don't restrict my rights to legally hunt or eat delicious animals. It's good to be civil and to agree to disagree.

from basman wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago

really.... i had to look this foreign a hole up to even know who he was. some has been singer whom i had never even heard of. his opinion of the duckmen is just that his opinion and you know what they say about those. besides that who cares, lets see the man on the most watched television show or some washed up douche bag singer. pretty easy choice. robertson and the duckmen are the real thing. what you see is what you get. it is refreshing to watch someone that actually has good common sense.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 21 weeks ago

Well, members of '80s rock bands are not known for their intellect...

from MazPower wrote 1 year 21 weeks ago

"As far as my reputation is concerned..."

Hey Morrissey, you got dumped in favor of a guest who has never even heard of you. Whatever you're doing, it's not working.

from MazPower wrote 1 year 21 weeks ago

"As far as my reputation is concerned..."

from basman wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago

from grayfox38 wrote 46 weeks 3 days ago

Who the heck is morrisey? Matter of inquiry, who is Kimmel?

from MorrisNTex wrote 26 weeks 3 days ago

"Vegan" Indian word for bad hunter...
I know it's old but I couldn't resist. :D

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 21 weeks ago

Well, members of '80s rock bands are not known for their intellect...

from DaBears wrote 1 year 20 weeks ago