New Proposal Would Ban Hunting in Russia

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

April 03, 2013
New Proposal Would Ban Hunting in Russia - 5

Citing that hunters can’t be called “normal” because they “feel pleasure when they kill animals” and that hunting is unnecessary and immoral, MP Oleg Mikheyev of the center-left Fair Russia parliamentary party has entered a draft law for preliminary discussion that will ban hunting.

Mikheyev’s proposed law would ban hunting by anyone other than indigenous peoples in remote regions and certified rangers. In a press interview with the RT, Mikheyev pontificated, “What many people call hunting now is more of a cruel killing that has nothing in common with the ancient art of fair competition between a man and a beast.”

(Actually Mr. Mikheyev it’s a conservation tool).

MP Oleg Mikheyev does see hunting as useful in one regard however.  He told daily newspaper Izvestia, “The procedure [hunting] can help us in early detection of latent madmen and murderers.”

Mikheyev’s law change would up the penalties for poaching. The act is currently considered an administrative offense in Russia. If enacted, Mikheyev’s change would make poaching punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

from schmakenzie wrote 1 year 1 week ago

I guess they don't eat meat in Russia? By the way, I feel no pleasure in killing an animal. None at all. It's the worst part of the hunt for me. I do feel pleasure in supporting the herd, putting meat on the table and being in the wild.

from officerdom1987 wrote 1 year 1 week ago

Last time I checked, the excitement and adrenaline is the reason for hunting? Are Russian hunters bathing in the blood of their kill to be called murderers??

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 1 week ago

It seems to me that Mother Russia has their own offshoot of PETA.

from Blue Ox wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

The pleasure that i feel when i take down an animal is knowing that my family & I get to eat that night.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Sounds like Mr. Mikheyev needs to lay off the vodka, clearly it's affecting his mind.

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 1 week ago

It seems to me that Mother Russia has their own offshoot of PETA.

from officerdom1987 wrote 1 year 1 week ago