Hunters Rescue A Locked Up Buck From Coyotes

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

December 06, 2013
Hunters Rescue A Locked Up Buck From Coyotes - 3

The whitetail's world can turn brutal—especially during the rut. In this startling video, a group of hunters rescue a locked-up buck from a pack of coyotes which had already feasted on his combatant.

from Benny Caruso wrote 18 weeks 4 days ago

Thank you Outdoor Life for showing my video. Eric Martin (shown in camo in the video)and I were on our way to go cougar & bobcat hunting at Mica Peak, WA when we came across this. When we drove up there were 3 coyotes and the deer all within 6 feet of each other - at first we thought it was a bait pile It was in a farmer's field just inside the city limits of Liberty Lake, WA. We weren't sure if it would be OK to trespass to save help the deer. I'm glad we were able to help the deer and glad I had my video camera.

Pete Caruso
Spokane, WA

from huntfishtrap wrote 19 weeks 3 hours ago

Wow, that's quite a video. I wish all the animal rights nuts who think hunters are cruel, heartless beasts would watch that with an open mind.

from 4everAutumn wrote 19 weeks 4 hours ago

So, where are the PETA trolls for this one? A group of hunters exhaust themselves to save a deer from a guaranteed brutal death. I know several hunters who have also saved locked together bucks and I have personally rescued one hung by its back leg from a fence. Funny thing is, the deer that I freed was along a busy highway with dozens of people parked and standing around gawking at it. The deer was in obvious distress, yet they all chose to do nothing. My guess is, they weren't bloodthirsty killers like we hunters.

from 4everAutumn wrote 19 weeks 4 hours ago