Attention Oklahoma Turkey Hunters: Beware of Bigfoot

Strut Zone Recent Posts

Strut Zone

March 22, 2013
Attention Oklahoma Turkey Hunters: Beware of Bigfoot - 9

According to legend from nearly a decade ago, an Oklahoma spring turkey hunter reported witnessing a large creature about eight feet tall with “charcoal dark color hair” covering the so-called wood ape’s body.

As the official report went, “It was watching me as well as I was watching it. Its eyes were reddish-brown in color.” The creature approached the hunter and they studied each other. “I have never been scared of anything in the woods,” the account continued, “but this thing was massive in size and I can say this thing scared me, and I have not been back in the woods before daylight since.”

Is this a fictitious account or maybe truth telling to other believers? Other Bigfoot reports from Le Flore County in Oklahoma (where this supposedly took place) were made in the year 2000 and as recently as 2005. There were others too. Copycat sightings? A quest for Bigfoot-finding fame? Some reported large tracks; others, “something resembling a chimp in a nearby tree.”

For the full North American Wood Ape Conservancy report (I kid you not), go here.

from captjim wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

I actually pondered doing a local reality TV show where I film the trips of local charter boat outfits. It would show the true nature of the business for better or worse. It would focus a lot on how the captain runs his charters,how he got into it, the business end of it, and the techniques, dealing with law enforcement, and equipment he uses. If the boat breaks down or the customers are unhappy that's just part of the show. I was going to call it "The Reel World". I know a little about movie production from shooting U/W videos in Cozumel for 6 years in the 90's. I also made my own camera housings.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Hey captjim: You need a TV show called "The Pointy End Chronicles." (Grin.)

from captjim wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Hey Steve, I don't even try to get going until around June. It's just too wendy down here during the spring. Too many customers get sick up at the pointy end of the boat and ruin it for everybody down wind.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

My little part in "wood ape" conservation, huntfishtrap.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Come on Steve, surely you can do better than another Bigfoot article ;). Seriously, it was probably just a close relative of Kim Kardashian.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Well said,captjim. How's the fishin'?

from captjim wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Quick somebody call Max Moneymaker and the Finding Bigfoot crew. They just barley missed finding him the last 35 episodes but the preview for the next show looks like they will find him for sure. I think they have so much trouble finding him because at the last moment aliens swoop down and make him invisible. I would like to follow the show around and at the town hall meetings sell those people bigfoot insurance in case they are attacked.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

That's some good stuff there, Levi. Ready for Missouri turkey season or what?

from Levi Banks wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

This begs the question, what are they doing to conserve the wood ape? It seems with most conservation organizations that habitat is key. What kind of habitat do wood apes prefer, do they have different needs based on life cycle, like the turkey? We're going to need answers to these kinds of questions if we're going to manage our land for wood apes.

from captjim wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

from Levi Banks wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

That's some good stuff there, Levi. Ready for Missouri turkey season or what?

from captjim wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Well said,captjim. How's the fishin'?

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

My little part in "wood ape" conservation, huntfishtrap.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago

Hey captjim: You need a TV show called "The Pointy End Chronicles." (Grin.)

from captjim wrote 1 year 16 weeks ago