The Upside of Turkey Hunting Bumper Stickers

Strut Zone Recent Posts

Strut Zone

March 15, 2013
The Upside of Turkey Hunting Bumper Stickers - 5

I sort of cruised through the stop sign. That’s when the cop hit his lights in the dark. I hadn’t seen him lying in wait. It was pre-dawn and spring turkey season. “License and registration, please?” he said. I’d never seen this guy before in my life.

Not a good way to start out a spring gobbler season morning. My shotgun was cased; my jacket nothing special—I’d yet to dress for turkey hunting. Hunting bumper stickers on the back of my old pickup told the story though.

Come on, man, I thought silently as he checked my driving record in his cruiser.

He slowly approached, looking my truck over. “Okay, I’m giving you a warning,” he said through my rolled-down window. He paused a second or two. “By the way, they’ve been pretty shut-mouthed on the roost this week. I haven’t been able to do anything with the turkeys. Good luck!”

Go figure—a fellow turkey hunter. Nice. I thanked him, for sure. I didn’t kill a gobbler that day, but my hunting bumper stickers likely saved me some cash.

It can go both ways with hunting bumper stickers. It’s kind of a secret code. It’s tricky though: Are you unintentionally telling somebody you’re a fellow turkey hunter and that’s why you’re parked next to the dirt road near the likely spring gobbler woods? Are you giving your secret spots away?

How about it, Strut Zoners? Got some hunting bumper stickers slapped on the back of your rig? Any funny ones on there? Did they ever help you get out of a jam with the police?

from ICDEDTURKES wrote 1 year 1 week ago

Whether it be Turkey, Deer, Fowl or Fishing.. You are not "hardcore" unless you have your truck windows plastered with stickers... Does not matter if you use said product, you can have Mossy Oak Opposite Realtree, Mathews opposite Hoyt.. Its like football teams giving helmet stickers, the more stickers and logos that adorn your truck, the "better" and more "serious" you are LOL

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

That's an instant classic there, 4everAutumn.

from 4everAutumn wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

I have several hunting related stickers on my truck, as well as personalized plates with the same theme. Though the decals have never allowed me to get away with anything, I once got called a murderer while sitting at a stoplight. Ironically, the woman who expressed her disgust for the killing of animals yelled it through a mouthful of half chewed cheeseburger.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

huntfishtrap,

10-4. I got lucky with that one (grin). . .

S.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

I'd rather rely on not breaking the law to stay out of jams with the police, but maybe that's just me.

from huntfishtrap wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

from 4everAutumn wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

huntfishtrap,

10-4. I got lucky with that one (grin). . .

S.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 1 year 4 weeks ago

That's an instant classic there, 4everAutumn.

from ICDEDTURKES wrote 1 year 1 week ago