Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

Coyote

.300 win mag Remington Managed Recoil for coyote ?

These cartridges are low power rounds ( around 2300 ft.lbs in the .300 win mag version ), would this be too much on a coyote pelt ? I may not sell it, but they are all over some farmers in the area. I don't think permission will be too much of an issue.

Top Rated
All Replies
from JM wrote 1 year 14 weeks ago

To be honest, I think no matter what you shoot out of the .300 win mag it will tear up the hide.
-I think you would be best off using the regular speed rounds with the heaviest solid point you can find(180gr would probably work). Try not to hit bone or else it will be a mess no matter what you shoot out of the .300 win mag. A slower and lighter managed recoil round will take more time to pass through the body(more time to expand). If nothing else, aim for the head and salvage the rest of the hide.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report

Post a Reply (200 characters or less)

from JM wrote 1 year 14 weeks ago

To be honest, I think no matter what you shoot out of the .300 win mag it will tear up the hide.
-I think you would be best off using the regular speed rounds with the heaviest solid point you can find(180gr would probably work). Try not to hit bone or else it will be a mess no matter what you shoot out of the .300 win mag. A slower and lighter managed recoil round will take more time to pass through the body(more time to expand). If nothing else, aim for the head and salvage the rest of the hide.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report

Post a Reply (200 characters or less)

bmxbiz