The Outdoor Life Photo Contest 2007
Point and click your camera for a chance to win $500.
Here’s your chance to see your photograph appear in the pages of Outdoor Life and on our Web site.
Send us your best photograph from the field. One winner will be chosen in each of the following categories:
- Hero Shot (Hunting)
- Hero Shot (Fishing)
- Live Game
- Camp Life
You may enter as many categories as you wish but may enter only one photograph per category. The grand prize winner will receive $500.
WAYS TO ENTER:
1. Send us your best photograph from the field and the category your are entering.
2. Please be sure to include your Name, Address and Phone Number in your submission.
Submit to the following address:
Outdoor Life, Outdoor Photo Contest 2007
2 Park Ave.,
New York, NY 10016
1. Name the category you are entering and attach your photograph
(as a jpeg with atleast 266 dpi in an email)
2. Be sure to include your Name, Address and Phone Number in your submission.
Submit to the following E-Mail address:
Please see official rules below for more details.
Outdoor Life Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Outdoor Life Photo Contest is open to amateur photographers who are legal residents of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., who are at least 19 years of age on January 1, 2007. Employees of Outdoor Life, Time, Inc., sponsors, their affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Professional photographers are also ineligible to enter or win. By participating in the photo contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Outdoor Life judges, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. All entries become the property of Outdoor Life and may be used in the future at its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winners. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The contest ends on March 15, 2007, 11:59 p.m. E.T.
All entries must be received by March 15, 2006. Winners will be announced in a future issue of Outdoor Life.
Photos may be entered as prints, slides, or digital images. Photo printing stations or kiosks produce prints using a method that is not suitable for reproduction in the magazine. Digital photos should be submitted with a color printout and an accompanying original JPG file.
Photos will not be returned. All photos are sent with the understanding that they may be published in Outdoor Life magazine, on www.outdoorlife.com and its associated web sites and properties or partner web sites and promotional materials and therefore the sender grants the right for such use.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor. Sponsor will not acknowledge receipt of entries. Entries will not be returned. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Lost, late, illegible, and postage due entries are not eligible.
1. Judging: Photos will be judged by Outdoor Life. Photos will be judged in each category: Hero Shot, Fishing; Hero Shot, Hunting; Camp Life; Live Game; Nature/Scenic; and Humor. Photos not submitted with a category will not be eligible. Judging in each category will be based on the following four criteria: photo quality, creativity, content and composition.
2. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a check for $500.00. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with prize not explicitly stated herein as being awarded. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that the photo submitted shall be the sole and exclusive property of Outdoor Life, its successors, assigns, and licensees shall be entitled to all rights of ownership, title, interest, and all other intellectual property rights, including 100 percent of the copyrights, without further compensation.
**3. Winners: **The winner will be notified by phone, postal mail, or e-mail on or about April 15, 2007. Winners will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Transfer of Rights/Promotional Liability Release, which must be signed and received within 7 days of date printed on notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. For the names of the winners, available after June 1, 2006, write to Outdoor Life Photo Contest 2007, Outdoor Life, 2 Park Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
4. Conditions: Entry constitutes permission to use the entrant’s name, photograph and other likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade and promotion on behalf of Outdoor Life without compensation, notification or approval, unless prohibited by law. Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original, non-published work that does not infringe the rights or intellectual property claims of any third parties. By entering, entrant conveys and assigns to Outdoor Life all rights of ownership, title, interest and all other intellectual property rights, including without limit, copyright in and to the winning photograph. Non-compliance with Official Rules will result in disqualification.
**5. Limitations of Liability: **By entering the contest, entrant holds harmless Outdoor Life from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, liability, actions or damages of any kind or in connection with: (1) entering contest (2) acceptance of any prize or (3) anything related to the contest and the awarding of prizes. Any claims relating to this contest shall be governed by New York law without regard to its conflict of law, rules, and any such claim must be heard in New York.
6. Sponsor: The Sponsor and Administrator of the contest is Outdoor Life, 2 Park Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10016