- Stay under shelter as much as you possibly can.
- Keep a fire going so you can continually dry your clothing and warm up.
- Protect your firewood inside the shelter to keep it dry.
- Use a walking stick to part the wet grass and brush as you walk.
- Choose your path to keep your feet as dry as possible.
- Avoid sitting on or leaning against damp objects.
- Use a dry "sit-upon" (a poncho, tube tent, etc.) to sit on.
- Take advantage of any breaks in the weather to gather firewood, improve your shelter and perform other tasks. If wet weather catches you completely unprepared and you have no equipment at all, you'll need to use what nature provides.