Woman Mistakes Bobcat for House Cat
Cougar bites her, raising rabies fears
In Mims, Fla. a bobcat bit a woman when she mistook it for a stray cat. Cheryle Swink thought she had found a homeless cat. Being an animal lover, she brought the cougar back to her house.
Swink placed the bobcat in a box after it bit her, and waited for her husband to get home. He arrived and immediately recognized the feline as a ferocious predator. The couple then called animal control.
The cat was euthanized in order to test it for rabies. Swink will likely have a rabies shot as a precaution.