New Carbine: Armalite M-15A4 in 6.8 SPC
This new rifle from Armalite, the M-15A4 Carbine, comes decked out in some old-school olive drab furnishings and is chambered...
This new rifle from Armalite, the M-15A4 Carbine, comes decked out in some old-school olive drab furnishings and is chambered in one of the newcomers to our military’s arsenal, the 6.8 SPC.
At first glance, I love the lines on this rifle. The blend of old and new–the classic clamshell handguard compared and the gas block with the Picatinny rail to point out two right off–are right up my alley.
Armalite says they’re making a limited run of these rifles, so if you are in the market for a patrol-style carbine, you’d best put up your hand (and pull out your wallet) now. The MSRP for the carbine is $1,107.
The company says the rifle will weigh in at just under 6.5 pounds, making it a bit more handy than many of the ARs out there that are billed as dual-purpose hunting rifles. If I were to get one, I’d see a trigger swap in its future as I don’t care for a trigger pull nearly equal in weight to the gun.
These are some of the particulars provided by the company:
• Model: A4 Carbine with green furniture
• Caliber: 6.8mm SPC II
• Barrel: 16″ Double Lapped Chrome LinedChrome Moly Vanadium MIL-B-11595-E with M203 Step Down, Threaded 5/8×24
• Rifling Twist: 1:11″ tailored to 110-115 Grain Ammo
• Muzzle Device: Flash Suppressor
• Front Sight Base: Gas Block with Picatinny Rail
• Upper Receiver: Forged Flattop with Picatinny Rail & Laser Engraved Rail Numbering, 7075-T6 Aluminum
• Lower Receiver: 7075-T6 Aluminum (forged)
• Trigger: Tactical Two Stage, 1st Stage 3.5 lbs – 2nd Stage Approximately 5-6 lbs.
• Overall Length: 35.6″
• Weight: 6 lbs. 7 oz.
• Finish: Anodized Aluminum Upper/Lower Receiver, Manganese Phosphated Steel Barrel
• Accuracy: 2″ MOA
• Included with Rifle: One 10 Round Magazine, Sling, Black Case, Owner’s Manual, and Limited Lifetime Warranty