Rhode Island boasts just 61,000 acres of public lands. Of course, it should be noted that’s 10 percent of the entire state.
• 627 acres
• Offers trout fishing and ice fishing
• Trail system for improved access
• 14,000 acres
• Good deer, turkey and small game hunting
• Extensive trail system for improved access
George Washington Management Area
• 4,000 acres
• Good deer, turkey and grouse hunting
• Excellent trout fishing
Find more public land access opportunities with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Hunt Planner.
Photo: Lincoln Woods State Park
Photo credit: flickr