With nearly 4 million acres of public land, South Dakota offers solid access to a state with some of the nation’s top hunting and fishing options.
• More than 1.25 million acres enrolled
• Program allows for public access to private lands
• Walk-in access only
• 36 miles of shore line
• Good fishing for walleyes, smallmouth bass and crappies
• Offers boat launch and camping
• 1.25 million acres
• Excellent deer and turkey hunting
• Trout fishing in streams
• 1.2 million acres
• Hunting for antelope, deer, elk and sheep
• Excellent predator and prairie dog hunting
Find more public land access opportunities with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Hunt Planner.
Photo: Black Hills National Forest
Photo credit: flickr