Everything, they say, is bigger in Texas. Except when it comes to public access. Texas ranks 47th in the nation in public land ownership.
• 2,500 acres
• Archery-only hunting for deer, turkeys and pigs
• Waterfowl hunting
• 5,727 acres
• Archery-only deer hunting, pig and waterfowl hunting
• Bass, crappie fishing in lake
• 5,394 acres
• Dove, waterfowl and quail hunting
• Archery-only pig hunting
• 115,000 acres
• Good dove and quail hunting
• Closed to deer and sheep hunting
Find more public land access opportunities with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Hunt Planner.
Photo: OC Fisher Reservoir San Angelo State Park
Photo credit: flickr