Public Land: Hunting and Fishing in Texas
Everything, they say, is bigger in Texas. Except when it comes to public access. Texas ranks 47th in the nation...
Everything, they say, is bigger in Texas. Except when it comes to public access. Texas ranks 47th in the nation in public land ownership.
• 2,500 acres
• Archery-only hunting for deer, turkeys and pigs
• Waterfowl hunting
• 5,727 acres
• Archery-only deer hunting, pig and waterfowl hunting
• Bass, crappie fishing in lake
• 5,394 acres
• Dove, waterfowl and quail hunting
• Archery-only pig hunting
• 115,000 acres
• Good dove and quail hunting
• Closed to deer and sheep hunting
Find more public land access opportunities with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Hunt Planner.
Photo: OC Fisher Reservoir San Angelo State Park
Photo credit: flickr