Step 1 is smoking the turkey breast.
1 wild turkey breast
1 gallon water
1 cup Kosher salt
3 twists freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar or substitute (Sugar Twin)
3 cups of apple wood chips
1 bottle of low-carb beer
1. In a non-metallic bowl, combine water, salt, pepper and brown sugar substitute. Add turkey breast and brine for 24 hours.
2. Soak wood chips in beer. (To obtain chips, either buy packaged wood chips or, with a chain saw and ripper chain, cut green apple tree limbs and gather the chips.)
3. Pre-heat smoker (an electric smoker is preferred) to 165 to 170 degrees.
4. Remove turkey from brine and drip-dry for about an hour.
5. Place in smoker allowing the breast to slow-cook for several hours.
6. Add beer-soaked wood chips to the smoking pan for the last two hours of the process (longer if heavier smoked flavor is preferred).
7. When the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees, the turkey is done.
8. Slice thinly
Smoked Wild Turkey Wrap 2 Portions
2 low-carb tortillas
2 cups smoked wild turkey, shredded
2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
Red Wine Vinegar
1. Warm tortillas in a toaster oven for a minute or two to soften.
2. Spread lettuce on tortillas, top with turkey, a little tomato and cheese and roll.
3. Sprinkle lightly with a little olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar and a little pepper.
4. Serve with sliced avocado
Total Net Carbs: 19!