Take these precautions inside your home and outbuildings:
- Keep food (and pet food and water) covered and stored in rodent-proof containers.
- If storing trash and food waste inside the home, do so in rodent-proof containers, and frequently clean the interiors and exteriors of the containers with soap and water.
- Use mouse traps in the home and continue trapping for at least one week after the last rodent is caught.
- Wear disposable gloves when throwing away the rodent and trap.
- Outside the home, situate woodpiles, stacks of lumber, bricks, etc. at least 100 feet from the house.
- Store grains and animal feed in rodent-proof containers.
- Seal all visible entry points into your home and outbuildings.