- National forests cover nearly 200 million acres. They include 400,000 miles of streams and 3 million acres of lakes. These are open for fishing with no fee beyond your state fishing license.
- 75 percent of America's outdoor recreation happens within a half mile of a lake or river.
- National forests and grasslands support 46 million fishing visits annually.
- That generates about $2 billion annually in revenue, supporting 51,000 jobs and generating about $264 million in federal taxes.
- The value of water flowing from national forest land has been valued at more than $7 billion annually.