ZipStitch is a Must-Have for Your Outdoor Survival Kit
Pack some extra peace of mind for your next adventure with a new surgical-quality wound closure device for your first aid kit
Just in time for those great fishing and hunting trips coming up this season, we have found an innovative new first aid product to make you a little more prepared for those unexpected injuries during your outing. ZipStitch is the most advanced wound closure device available without a prescription. It is completely non-invasive and easy to use, wherever you may be. ZipStitch enables you to treat cuts with surgical quality technology, when you can’t get to an ER for stitches. You can continue your outdoor activities with less interruption and avoid the potential pain, hassle and out-of-pocket costs associated with a trip for stitches.
What is it?
- ZipStitch has an innovative design is both easy to use and effective. The device consists of:
- Two 1.5 inch strips of a unique hydrocolloid pressure-sensitive adhesive engineered to last for up to 2 weeks when placed on clean and dry skin.
- Four zip-ties made of medical-grade polymer material that connect the 2 adhesives, anchored into each side of the adhesive with a patented locking mechanism.
- ZipStitch is made with hypoallergenic materials. It is FDA cleared and its technology has been clinically proven in over a dozen clinical studies to be safe.
What is it for?
ZipStitch is great for small lacerations that are too large for other non-hospital solutions. ZipStitch offers better wound protection than butterfly bandages and strips. In addition, it may help you avoid expensive and inconvenient trips to get stitches.
ZipStitch is manufactured by ZipLine Medical, a Silicon Valley-based company founded by a physician to address the clinical need for rapid, non-invasive and easy-to-use skin closure. The company has partnered with hospitals in 30 countries over the past five years to treat over a half a million patients.
Zip Technology has been proven as a more effective technology than stitches or staples for some of the most challenging wound closure cases in surgery.
- Faster than stitches1,2
- 8 times stronger wound protection to promote healing3
- Less scarring than stitches4,5
- 95% of patients prefer Zip technology over stitches and staples6
- Less patient pain than stitches4
So this Spring, if you’re out in the wilderness hiking, hunting, trail riding, or rock climbing, you just might take a spill that gives you a gash that can’t be closed by bandages. If you’re out of hospital range, you can be prepared to close that wound in seconds with ZipStitch. It’s a no brainer for your outdoor first aid kit.
To learn more about this exiting new product or buy, click here.
1. Lalani, G. G., Schricker, A. A., Salcedo, J., Hebsur, S., HSU, J., Feld, G. and Birgerdotter-Green, U. (2016), Cardiac Device Implant Skin Closure with a Novel Adjustable, Coaptive Tape-Based Device. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology. . doi:10.1111/pace.12926
2. Goldman DS, Hammill E, Aasbo J, Storne E, Reddy S. Improvement in S-ICD Incision Closure Time and High Implanter Satisfaction Using a Novel Skin Closure Device Scientific presentation given at Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Society 2017 Meeting; Sep 16, 2017; Yokohama, Japan.
3. In an in-vivo study, more load in lb. was required to create a 1mm gap between incision edges approximated with Zip than with Ethicon 4-0 Vicryl® subcuticular running suture. Data on file.
4. Tanaka, Y. et al. Randomized Study of a New Noninvasive Skin Closure Device for Use After Congenital Heart Operations. Ann Thorac Surg 2016.
5. Disclaimer: Cosmetic outcome is a result of many variables and results may vary
6. Data on file