Top 200 Towns 2009

The complete list of America's 200 best hunting and fishing towns for 2009.
Rate Article66%34%

You can also download the original Excel spreadsheet HERE to get details on every city. See how and why they factored in to the top 200!

1. Lewiston, ID

18. Colorado Springs, CO

19. Mountain Home, AR

20. Roseau, MN (tie)

20. Glasgow, MT (tie)

Page 1 of 512345next ›last »

from taminanc wrote 2 years 1 week ago

Heber City Utah is located in a beautiful mountain valley just a short drive from the Wasatch Front. The area offers outstanding year-round outdoor recreation including golf, fly fishing, boating and water sports, plus skiing and other winter sports. In summer, temperatures are usually cool and pleasant. In winter, abundant snowfall makes this a paradise for winter recreation.

from sonita wrote 2 years 44 weeks ago

Marquette is top ranked east of the Mississippi,but it's truly "Superior" country every time

Download Movies

from yooperatheart09 wrote 4 years 22 weeks ago

Marquette is truly "Superior" any time of the year, but remember it's a special place not for the faint of heart..."you probably wouldn't like it there"

from snowfri wrote 4 years 38 weeks ago

Marquette is not only the top ranked east of the Mississippi,but it's truly "Superior" country any time of the year!

from www.hookandbull... wrote 4 years 41 weeks ago

Go Idaho! 3 of the Top 10 spots are in Idaho. I've known it for years, and have made my home in this great state. I'm fairly close to Lewiston and have spent a good amount of my free time Fishing in Lewiston where the trout are plentiful, and the water is clear. There are so many options for the hunter and fishermen. If you're a fly fishermen Lewiston has 92 creeks, rivers, and lakes within 50 miles. I have fished many of these myself and can say there are some truly fine options. And for the hungers, the deer, elk, and turkey are plentiful with less competition for licenses than you'll find in more densely populated states. All that, and an affordable cost of living. What are you waiting for?

from Odin345 wrote 4 years 41 weeks ago

Rochester MN received #9 on the list. Red Wing MN received #72 of 79. I'm stoked considering I live kind of in between them and it's in my state. My point is.. I've lived in this area my whole life and I've never seen anyone fish for Walleyes IN Rochester city limits on the Zumbro river.. and Good luck getting on the land around that area to hunt... Red Wing is another spot where you can only fish on the River unless you want trout. So that leaves the spot that MOST Rochester folks and Red Wing folks fish and hunt.. LAKE CITY, MN. Lake Pepin is one of the Country's top walleye fisheries, tons of State land to hunt or fish, Lottery's to enter at the several state parks to hunt. I just wonder why everyone from Rochester is always fishing our town?! Hmm.. Must be because they have such great walleye and smallie fishing in the city of Rochester.. Lake City has Cropland, marshland, Orchards, swamps and prime turkey as well, managed dove fields nearby, plenty of geese fields as well. We have Lake Pepin with its endless fishing. several streams to hit up the trout on a state park to camp and hike as well as 2 FREE public boat launches and Hok Si La park to camp and hike. For a town of 5k people I'd say Rochester and Red Wing getting that high.. Someone overlooked a bit of a gem here in Lake City, MN.

from dennismo2 wrote 4 years 46 weeks ago

Number 131 Cambria? Okay, I am familiar wNumber 131 Cambria? Okay, I am familiar with this town. I have spent some time there but I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is on this list. It is a nice little coastal town with two (2) nice restaurants and a few coffee places but it would not be a place I would go to for outdoor sports activity unless you consider Lawn Bowling! Why is ODL considering this town in the Top 200 hunting & Fishing locations?

California has 5 Blue Ribbon trout waters within a few miles of each other near the town of Burney. Why was this not mentioned? A big time mystery to me!

California has 5 Blue Ribbon trout waters within a few miles of each other near the town of Burney. Why was this not mentioned? A big time mystrey to me!

from cgaston53 wrote 4 years 46 weeks ago

My copy of the magazine says there's details on all 200 towns.
Where do I find that?

from cgaston53 wrote 4 years 46 weeks ago

My copy of the magazine says there's details on all 200 towns.
Where do I find that?