Consider Officer Ocetnik's advice when selecting and using a tactical flashlight:
• Your light should have ultra-bright LED bulbs, and use Lithium 123 batteries, which can last up to 7 years.
• You get what you pay for. A good light will probably run you about $100.
• A light with a strobe setting is most useful to disorient and nauseate a foe. The strobe can even be effective against animals.
• Bring a flashlight with you everywhere you go. It can get mighty dark in a plane, subway, hotel room or office building when the lights go out.
• Always call 911 at the first hint of a break-in, or home invasion.
• And finally, "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."