Video: Another Turkey Hunter Sees Bigfoot This Season

Strut Zone Recent Posts

Strut Zone

April 30, 2012
Video: Another Turkey Hunter Sees Bigfoot This Season - 15

“What’s that?” a voice says. At first, you might think it’s a big black gobbler, but then... This is the story that won’t go away: Bigfoot sightings and spring turkey hunting are trending.

"Saw a squatch turkey hunting today,” the comment made under this recent video post, seems just a little low-key to me. Yawn. If I were this guy, I’d have written something close to a stream-of-consciousness rant. Wouldn’t you? Then again the frightened noises the dude makes before running seem, well, pretty realistic (or at least we’re witnessing some decent 11 second acting). Bigfoot evidence types are putting this video up to the test though.

Let’s put it to the Strut Zone test, turkey hunters. What do you think? Not interested in whether this is true, false, a prank or the real deal? Forget, Bigfoot. Maybe you’ve never thought of Maryland as a turkey hunting destination? If not, you’ve still got a little time for a road trip there this spring. Check out Maryland’s 2012 spring turkey season info here.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Gobbler I killed this week on the Maine opener (Monday, April 30) had pretty big feet but . . .

from Augustheat wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I think that Bigfoot is my friend Ronnie from Sparrows Point coming out of the woods after a rough night....although it looks a little big too nice for him after a morning of turkey hunting :)

from tritonrider wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Can you really see any of us hunters acting like that? We are almost all massively curious, and aware of what goes on in the woods around us. I just can't buy any of us not sitting frozen for quite a while trying to make an identification, especially since it was at a distance, moving parallel.

from toroscope wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

LOL. I could do a better job concocting a video of a supposed bigfoot in woods. First, at least have some pre-video of waiting for a turkey, maybe doing some calling and whispering into the microphone about what I am doing, expecting, seeing....THEN have the buddy come out but not as quickly as this happened. Have him slowly evolve out of the foliage then maybe make a screetch or some sort of bigfoot-like noise (and in costume rather than just looking like a man in a coat walking through). Have the buddy either feint a charge or actually charge before doing the "Snagglepuss: exit-stage left" routine with additional screaming to contribute extra drama.

I think this one is going to go down in the books as another of Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" candidates.

DOHHHHHHHHHHHH Homer !!!!!!!!

PS...I hunt in Kentucky and have never seen any sign of bigfoot/sasquatch/yeti and the vast Daniel Boone Forest with thousands of acres of public hunting ground would be a prime habitat for them. I expect the Bigfoot website probably has some sitings in the state but with all the hunters out from approx September to late January (and fishers year round on bodies of water surrounded by all that prime habitat), would expect more sightings if they are truly out there.

Its a strange conundrum...if come into contact with one, do you shoot it? or not? Thats a bigger question because, for me, I am a very conscientious hunter who makes sure of my target before pulling the trigger, and to decide if shooting a/an (illegal) bear or a bigfoot might be a daunting decision and I would be unlikely to pull the trigger unless it was at point blank range and I determined myself to be in "imminent danger" to use a law enforcement and military term. The bigfoot would have to be seriously in aggression and closing on me before I could pull the trigger.

If one of Bill Engvall's sign holders is out in the woods wearing a monkey suit and I shot it just because I thought "FINALLY" can deliver some real evidence, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Something to think about if you are one of those who is ready to "deliver" the evidence quickly if you see what you think is sasquatch in the woods !!

- Toroscope

As always...my dos centavos !

from charlie elk wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Yeah Captjim How hard could it be to wrestle down a big monkey man. Even if a guy got whupped at least he'd have some DNA evidence.
Start my next season tomorrow maybe since BF has a thing for turkey hunters I'll get lucky. ;-)
later,
charlie

from DSMbirddog wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I'm not buying it. Sorry.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Looks like some guy wearing a brown parka...

from JeffDClark wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

If this guy was really turkey hunting, would he really be asking "What is that?" at normal volume?

from captjim wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Hey Charlie, great minds think alike. Your post popped in while I was writing mine.

from captjim wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

This is so lame I don't know where to start. I'll just say 2 things. Why was this guy taking video of nothing in the woods right in the spot big foot jumps out and why would he pass on the chance to solve the big foot mystery and be world famous and rich? I feel ashamed and embarrassed for responding to this, please forgive me.

from charlie elk wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

What a coward; I'd take the chance and go meet BF up close. If he turned out to be the real deal I don't think I would need to ever wonder where the gas money for turkey road trips was coming from again.
later,
charlie

from Ishi wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Had a guide in Utah who swears he saw Bigfoot in a remote part of the wilderness. After seeing how much he drank in camp I am surprised he didn't see purple elephants also.

from Levi Banks wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I was hunting in Missouri this weekend and saw a footprint in the mud, didn't seem big enough for Sasquatch though.

from huntfishtrap wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Hmm, Maryland? I think that someone from that part of the country making noises like that most likely saw a politician, rather than a Bigfoot...LOL!

from JM wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Not sure what to say about this one...looks like a good place go turkey hunting though, thats for sure.

from charlie elk wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

later,
charlie

from JM wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

from DSMbirddog wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I'm not buying it. Sorry.

from huntfishtrap wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

from captjim wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Looks like some guy wearing a brown parka...

from charlie elk wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

later,
charlie

from toroscope wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

DOHHHHHHHHHHHH Homer !!!!!!!!

- Toroscope

As always...my dos centavos !

from tritonrider wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago