Drew Conover is a contributor at Outdoor Life. He writes mostly gear reviews and how-to articles on survival and navigation. He lives in Upstate New York with his wife, two daughters, and a goofy dog.
- Expertise and Interests include hunting (whitetail, elk, birds), ultralight backpacking, survival, and anything sharp.
- Enjoys writing about stellar gear that helps people enjoy the outdoors
- Lifelong DIY enthusiast with a love for self-teaching
ExperienceDrew attended a wilderness/survival-based summer camp in the Adirondacks from age 8 up to age 16. That first summer ignited a passion for learning about everything outdoors. He received training in survival, campcraft, riflery, archery, canoeing, sailing, navigation, and backpacking. His learning didn’t stop when he aged out of the camp, and he continues to learn and test ideas outdoors. He has hiked, hunted, and explored across the U.S.
EducationConover studied History at SUNY Oneonta, but everything he has learned that is of value was through trying and failing until he got it right.
Words of WisdomTest it before you trust it. This applies to people, beliefs, and your gear. But also: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding.” Prov. 3:5
- Benchmade 940-1 Review Outdoor Life
- How to Sharpen a Knife Outdoor Life
- Best Pocket Knives Outdoor Life