Liam Neeson Eats a Wolf For New Movie, The Grey

Newshound Recent Posts

Newshound

January 30, 2012
Liam Neeson Eats a Wolf For New Movie, The Grey - 11

"A few guys did upchuck. We all knew what we were eating. All I can say is it was very game-y,” is how actor Liam Neeson described eating wolf meat for his new survival movie The Grey. Yes, Neeson and his castmates ate wolf.

In order to better prepare his actors for a scene in which they would be eating wolf, The Grey director Joe Carnahan had his actors actually eat wolf. The wolf was obtained from Smithers, British Columbia (where the movie was filmed). Trapper Dick McDiarmid who also provided wolf carcasses for the movie, donated the wolves. It's legal to hunt and trap wolves in British Columbia.

The 67-year-old McDiarmid told the Canadian news site The Province, “They wanted a couple more that they were going to try and eat.”  The actors had their choice of wolf stew or barbequed wolf on the bone. The Chicago Sun-Times reports that most of the cast vomited after eating the meat but that Neeson found it pretty good. “I went up for seconds of the wolf stew," Neeson said.

One of the actors that didn’t care for wolf was Dermot Mulrony (No news on if he yacked or not).  He told of his experience with the exotic in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel.  The interview was rather fun until Kimmel’s and Mulrony’s ignorance gave us the following:
Kimmel - "Do people eat wolves? Is it legal to eat a wolf?"

A fumbling Mulroney - "I can't be certain."

Yes, guys.  You can eat wolf if you obtained the carcass legally.

Of course that doesn’t mean I plan on eating wolf anytime soon.

Would you eat wolf? And if so, do you think you’d be one to puke or go back for seconds?  How long before PETA badmouths Neeson? Comment below!

from Montanagyrene wrote 2 years 10 weeks ago

WHAT? Do you mean PETA hasn't ALREADY started 'howling' about this movie?

from Bob Hansen wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I usually don't trek very far,
where people eating wolf meat are.

Sure...In an emergency situation, why not. Food is food...more so if you're a good cook...!!

from KodaBear wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I wonder if he will go to Vietnam and eat some dog next. In a survival situation, only if I could not find anything else.

from puffy wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I ate a coyote once. I was desperately hungry and it still tasted like a$$. DO NOT RECOMMEND! (as if anyone really needed me to tell them that)

from Johnnie wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

If, I was in a survival mode and starving; I would 'wolf' down that wolf meat.

from hondarider3278 wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I'd give it a shot

from Dcast wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

"In order to better prepare his actors for a scene in which they would be eating wolf, The Grey director Joe Carnahan had his actors actually eat wolf."

For God sakes people I new you actors were blathering idiots, but didn't realize you were that stupid! Do you really think eating wolf better prepares an actor for "acting" like eating wolf in a movie? These idiots fell for the old hot candle wax on the manhood trick to get into the big boys club! With age comes wisdom! Whomever said that hasn't met these morons!

No I wouldn't eat wolf unless in a survival situation. I'm sure PETA will give them a pass, but I could be wrong.

from Orange Grove wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Dude! Who eats an owl

from Nutty Ned Robison wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Only in a survival situation.
# other things not to eat, snapping turtle eggs and water moccasin because they taste like algae smells; and owl, my neighbor tried it and he could eat anything and he said don't try it.

from JM wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Surely it couldnt of tasted that bad - especially in a stew.

from Orange Grove wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Liam's da man!!!

from Orange Grove wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Dude! Who eats an owl

from Orange Grove wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Liam's da man!!!

from Nutty Ned Robison wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Only in a survival situation.

from Dcast wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

from Johnnie wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

If, I was in a survival mode and starving; I would 'wolf' down that wolf meat.

from puffy wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

from KodaBear wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

from Bob Hansen wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

I usually don't trek very far,
where people eating wolf meat are.

from Montanagyrene wrote 2 years 10 weeks ago

WHAT? Do you mean PETA hasn't ALREADY started 'howling' about this movie?

from JM wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago

Surely it couldnt of tasted that bad - especially in a stew.

from hondarider3278 wrote 2 years 11 weeks ago