- If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
- An outfitter talking about how hard the conditions are for your hunt, but then bragging about past successes.
- An outfitter telling you how just to hang in there and keep hunting a spot when you haven’t seen game after multiple sits.
- Having other hunters in your party walk in on you during your set when the outfitter has bragged to you about how much land he has.
- When the outfitter tells you not to use your headlamp going into or out of a spot. Yes, some unscrupulous outfitters trespass.