Is Bigfoot a Turkey Hunter?

Strut Zone Recent Posts

Strut Zone

March 19, 2012
Is Bigfoot a Turkey Hunter? - 18

Is Bigfoot a turkey hunter? At least one trail-camera user thinks so, as seen in this video still:

Do you think it’s a guy standing in washed-out camouflage next to a tree? Is the turkey in front of the alleged Bigfoot figure a taxidermy mount? Do you think maybe it’s a possibility? If so, why are the images and videos always so grainy?

Questions remain: why didn’t this trail-cam user snap some stills of the Bigfoot tracks in the woods? Man, I’d be trying to document all sorts of evidence in journalist mode. Might prove to be a significant payoff and career opportunity for the person who actually finally confirms the existence of this so-called Sasquatch.

Hoax or reality, the Bigfoot deal is a part of popular culture. It would be hard to find anyone who hasn’t seen the famous 1967 Patterson-Gimlin film.

But is the dude a turkey hunter?

You Strut Zoners spend a lot of time in the woods. Have you ever seen anything vaguely resembling Bigfoot? It’s a legend that doesn’t want to go away.

from Scott Hall wrote 2 years 6 days ago

Give me a good story about a giant whitetail buck over a Bigfoot story any day. Bigfoot is just as real as the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Puff the Magic Dragon.

from Codyyy56 wrote 2 years 2 weeks ago

Im calling it fake,and i agree with Defense(posted below) The light reflection does not pertain to the area it should... Ive also heard "sasquatch those rocks at people camping out in a tent... i mean. cmonnn man. Lets be real here! Happy hunting!

from defense wrote 2 years 3 weeks ago

Picture is photoshopped, or some other faked up picture. Pretty obvious. Check out how the light reflects off of "Hairy" and how it reflects off the trees....

from Frank Gryncewicz wrote 2 years 3 weeks ago

To: ILikepike,
It is either a world record turkey or it just flew in from 3 Mile Island. Either way I would slinging something MUCH larger then my normal turkey gun ....... HA

from shooter3034 wrote 2 years 3 weeks ago

I agree with Captjim. If they really wanted to find out if Bigfoot exists, they could. Maybe Outdoor Life should send a crew out to find one. It's funny how none of these "experts" never take experienced hunters or trackers with them. I would like to think Bigfoot exists, but it's hard to when no real evidence exists.

from ILikePike wrote 2 years 3 weeks ago

Not to debunk this picture, but when you look at the turkey and the trees closest to it you can tell that they may have a 16" trunk. When you look at the tree the figure is behind, that tree has about a 12" trunk. The common bigfoot (if there is one) is said to be 8' tall and 600 lbs. So roughly 30 times the size of the turkey. If there was a 98 lb. weakling bigfoot, that would be it.

from huntfishtrap wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

Seriously? That's not even a good attempt at a fake, I could do it better than that! I would rate the bigfoot myth about the same as the fearsome "chupacabra", I'm sure a few people really have seen "something", but instead of a bigfoot it's a bear, a large hairy dog, or maybe an old hippie...LOL

from DSMbirddog wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

Finally, convincing photographic proof of the existence of bigfoot! Hurrah!

from 4everAutumn wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

Captjim: If Bigfoot is a turkey hunter, he is probably a member on this site and you may have hurt his feelings with your post. Now we won’t get to see the hero shot of him and this year’s limb hanger.
He will likely pound out a clever response to post and refute your claims. Problem is, only a few people will see it and it’ll disappear before anyone can document it for the rest of us.

from John Lloyd Scharf wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

"captjim" makes a lot of valid points, all of which can be responded to, but no in "(200 characters or less). Lets just say that in areas where population density is one person for every three miles, it is unlikely a bunch of noisy yahoos will ever see, much less find a body of, an animal within a week. Each year over 30,000 bears are killed in the US. That sounds like a lot, but each represents over 500 hours of hunting on average.

from JM wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

There are stories/drawings of bigfoot sightings/killings by indians in the US (They didnt call it bigfoot though). As far as that goes I could possibly believe something that resembles the current description of bigfoot could of survived with the lack of population in the United States centuries ago. Even then though, you would expect that we would of found something. With that said, I think it would be cool if bigfoot existed and was able to keep from being found for this long but I know it doesn't exist(knock on wood?).

from captjim wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

It never ceases to amaze me that people believe in bigfoot even though:
1000's of game cams in use and still no proof.
1000's of search and rescue missions for lost people using thermal Imaging and no proof.
1000's of prisoner manhunts in the woods and not 1 discovered.
1000's of people in the woods and not 1 skeletal remains found.
1000's of firefighters and forest fires and not 1 burnt bigfoot body ever found.
Millions of cell phone camera's in use and not 1 definitive photo.
No bigfoot crap ever found.
No bigfoots ever seen "doing it" in the woods.
Never a sighting of an infant bigfoot.
Not a single attempted murder by a bigfoot where the victim was injured.
Bigfoots have never been displaced by a flood.
Not one bigfoot ever hit by a car and killed (they all run into the woods)
Bigfoot bones never dug up by a dog.

And yet they still believe and will try to explain away the facts.
I have to admit I actually like to watch "Finding Bigfoot" because it's so outrageously ridiculous it's entertaining. I think it's hilarious that in every episode Mat Moneymaker finds all this proof of bigfoot with thermal imaging, sounds, footprints, eye witnesses etc. then packs up to go hunt again in another state. You have to ask yourself that if he really believed there was a bigfoot there, why would he not stay and capture it and put the myth to rest and be famous? Of course we all know he just want's to make money with his program and I'm sure he does so my hat's off to him for that. And of course you got to love BoBo and Renee especially when she wears that sexy hat with the floppy ears. That's hot! (if your an eskimo of course).
Note: Few people know that the 67 Patterson film was filmed by a film maker that was trying to make it in Hollywood and wasn't getting anywhere so he came up with the idea of "discovering bigfoot" for fame and fortune and the rest is history. He actually went out to film it in the wild and "miraculously" found it almost immediately. Really?

from JM wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

I prefer staying as far away as possible from the lady...Maybe if I flew our RC Plane over her property she would think it was a UFO? Maybe she will make it onto "finding bigfoot."

from charlie elk wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

I know what you mean Levi about the mirror's image it gets tough to look at.
Sounds like things are getting desperate in Missouri with all those bigfeet cougars stealing clothes. Best get a trail cam setup on the clothes pole...
later,
charlie

from JM wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

-Now I have another excuse I can use if I don't kill a turkey - Bigfoot killed them all.
-According to a lady in a town near where I live there is a FLOCK of cougars that live on her farm and a few bigfoots(is bigfeet the proper plural version?) that she sees taking her clothes off of her clothes line every once and a while...

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

I like to walk around the woods barefoot just to mess with the fanatics.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

Good laugh there, Levi. Thanks.

from Levi Banks wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

By the end of the season I sometimes catch glimpses of him in the mirror.

from JM wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

from Levi Banks wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

By the end of the season I sometimes catch glimpses of him in the mirror.

from captjim wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

It never ceases to amaze me that people believe in bigfoot even though:
1000's of game cams in use and still no proof.
1000's of prisoner manhunts in the woods and not 1 discovered.
1000's of people in the woods and not 1 skeletal remains found.
Millions of cell phone camera's in use and not 1 definitive photo.
No bigfoot crap ever found.
No bigfoots ever seen "doing it" in the woods.
Never a sighting of an infant bigfoot.
Not a single attempted murder by a bigfoot where the victim was injured.
Bigfoots have never been displaced by a flood.
Not one bigfoot ever hit by a car and killed (they all run into the woods)
Bigfoot bones never dug up by a dog.

And yet they still believe and will try to explain away the facts.

from Steve Hickoff wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

Good laugh there, Levi. Thanks.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

I like to walk around the woods barefoot just to mess with the fanatics.

from John Lloyd Scharf wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

from charlie elk wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

I know what you mean Levi about the mirror's image it gets tough to look at.
later,
charlie

from JM wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

from JM wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

from ILikePike wrote 2 years 3 weeks ago

from defense wrote 2 years 3 weeks ago

from 4everAutumn wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

from DSMbirddog wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago

Finally, convincing photographic proof of the existence of bigfoot! Hurrah!

from huntfishtrap wrote 2 years 4 weeks ago