How do you tell if you picked the right tree nuts?
• Have positive identification with a good book, like Peterson's Field Guide to Wild Edible Plants.
• Know the poisonous nuts like Buckeye and Horse Chestnut
• Don't collect near roads, dumps, power lines, train tracks or other contaminated areas.
• Eat only small amounts of plants that are new to you, after you have positively identified it.
• Just try one at a time so you can tell which plant you are allergic to, in case of allergic reaction.
• Don't try to eat these nuts if you have any tree nut allergies.
• And last but not least - if you are in doubt, DON'T EAT IT!