Ram built the 2011 Outdoorsman specifically for hunters and anglers. Proof? Besides the fact that it was introduced at SHOT Show earlier this year, the truck comes with the Ram Box. It’s a water tight gear box on the wall of the truck bed that comes with adaptions for a gun rack or rod holder. It also can serve as a cooler to keep your fish or game cool during transport.
The truck comes in 1500, 2500 and 3500 and the starting msrp is $28,025. The Outdoorsman comes with an incredible amount of options and Ram basically let’s you build your own truck to fit your outdoor needs. Here are some of the features and options:
– ParkView backup camera for backing up trailers
– 115-Volt power inverter on the dashboard
– Enhanced lighting package that includes, fog lights and mirror puddle lights
– 4×4 package with heavy duty skid plates
– Class IV trailer hitch with 4- and 7-pin plugs
– Engine cooling package
– Limited slip differential
– 5.7L Hemi V8
– 32-gallon fuel tank
The truck handled everything we threw at it during our antelope hunt, rolling down the bumpy ranch roads quietly. It handled so smoothly in fact that one of our guides was able to glass and drive at the same time, but neither Ram nor Outdoor Life suggest trying that at home.